electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung SP42W5HF Rear Projection TV Problem.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DejaVu

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention resistors...

I decided to check them again last night (all of them) and noticed that RZ142 and RZ143 seemed a bit strange. Swapped them over and 'PRESTO' fixed. No more sloping red! Resistors was the fault all along!

Doh!

Anyways, I've now been trying to 'converge' this sucker ALL day and am getting frustrated now. Although I have the hatches lined up in the service menu, I've had to re-focus the blue gun (it was a tad blurry) and have almost got there, but not quite.

The centre lines are crossing the 'sensors' but I'm not sure how to save the Sensor data to get Perfect Focus working to get the best picture. I'm certain they are as straight as humanly possible.

Any tips? I've already taped string to both sides and got the lines straight to the string, but still to no avail!

Any idea's on getting Perfect Focus to work again?
minnie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While in the service menu while playing with the settings, to reinitialize the perfect focus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ready,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when you have it (convergence) adjusted to where you want it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Press the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,magic focus button..................................

Yah, I'm playing with you. Yes, to reini sensors while in service convergence menu press magic focus and it will recalculate for you. Bout time you get this pig done!
DejaVu

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sorted that! LOL

I still have a 'wobble' on the screen, but I think thats to do with my rubbish lines when converging (try try again! LOL)

Also, blue seems to be more 'spread' than the rest and somethings on the screen have a nice blue outline.

Tried focusing using the knobs under the speaker cover and fiddle with the knobs on the guns, but doesnt really do it enough.

Any other idea? I am SOOOOOOO happy this one's almost sorted though. Not as much as the missus.

She's enjoying her programs finally on a TV we've had in the living room, not working, for weeks! LOL
minnie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put up your convergence grid. There's a mechanical adjustment on top of the lens. You'll see a wing nut. Loosen it and turn it either way till you get the sharpest line you can. Then play with the screen and focus. Try the wing nut then focus and let me know what happens. You may have to take the screen off. Just look in the blue tube when you rotate the lens adjuster. Yell back.
DejaVu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the screen off (easier than I thought). Found a dead fly on the green lens, nice, got rid of it.

Adjusted the blue to the best I could get it, but still have a slight blue ghosting effect on one side of the screen. Leftside seems better.

Could this be a faulty STK IC again and I need to change the blue STK?

I'm gonna have another fiddle with the convergence on the righthand side to see if I can get better results.

Does the convergence settings need to be completely symetrical? I cant seem to find the correct measurements for the lines in the Service manual for a 42" version and have a bowing effect when straight move across the screen.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you play with the focus? Now don't shit yourself. You may have contaminated fluid. But you say it looks ok or better on the other side? Screen bing too low or too high can also cause a blur effect also. Check you gray scale. That means bring up the menu and turn the color all the way down. You should have a good black and white picture. If there's a r/g/b hue that means a color is to high or one's too low.
DejaVu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In B&W, the picture is awesome! Apart from a couple of convergence issues (some red and blue in places).

Note to self or others - GREAT TIP! if your having trouble converging, go black and white, any slight green, blue or red still showing, thats the area's to converge!!

Screen 'bing'... (Typo?) being to high or too low. How do you mean?

I've made some really minor adjustments using the knobs and have the blue quite clear now, but perfect focus has gone tits up again (gonna try to re-save it now).

All the fiddling for the last hour or so has made great improvements (hoping the fluid still good!!)
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the fluid is fine.
DejaVu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture seems a lot better, but the blue perfect focus doesnt finish when trying to save and when trying to use it, it reports no sensor data.

Gonna try to sort convergence manually now.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't sweat it. If you cant get it you can still adjust it in the service menu. You can try temporarily turning blue screen up to see if that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия