electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic TX-32pb50 screen goes bright then trips,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam1984

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TX-32pb50 screen goes bright then trips, Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have a Panasonic TX 32 PB50 TV, and sometimes when you turn it on the screen gets brighter and brighter and then it goes into standby mode. If you leave it for a bit it will usually work. I would like to have a go at fixing this, so I have two questions: How can I find a service manual/schematic, I can't see one here so I wonder if there's a similar Panasonic design I could use? Secondly, does anyone have any idea where I should start looking?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sam
torbjorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if you can find out what the chassis of the tv is called, there are cross reference lists in the web and probably you can find the information on some label inside the tv.

Begin by checking that there is no heater/cathode short in the CRT, and check the supply voltage to the video output stages (usually about 200 volts).

In case of a heater/cathode short, a possible emergency repair is to disconnect the heater connections from the tv and supply the heater from a small separate transformer. Usually, the heater is rated about 6,3 V 1,0 A. Connect a bleeder resistor of some hundred kohms from the heater to one of the cathodes.
Sam1984

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the help. It's a Euro 10 chassis, or so it says on the back!

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия