electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer KEH-M9500RDS car stereo doesn't find changer CDX-M30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rip

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Pioneer KEH-M9500RDS car stereo doesn't find changer CDX-M30 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Pioneer KEH-M9500RDS car stereo with a cd-changer CDX-M30. Now the stereo doesn't find the changer. It acts like there were no changer connected and the stereo has a very slow reaction when a button is pressed. Its like a overloaded computer.

I replaced the changer with another used one, but the problem still remains.
The unit works normal when the changer is disconnected.

I have no schematics, so I can only guess that there's something wrong with the connection-bus. The data-cable between the devices is ok, all pins are connected, no short cuts between the pins.

Any idea what's wrong here??
Has anyone a schematic about the pioneer bus? All units called KEH-M.... should have the same bus.

Thanks, rip
kenray

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible you may have a bad ic in the head unit that is not interfacing with the main microprocessor.
rip

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but w/o docs...

CU, rip
kenray

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ic would more than likely be fairly close to the din cord input for the changer.
rip

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is solved.
It was a broken circuit path. There was no visible damage, but you can't fool a ohmmeter. Smile
I fixed it with the red wire.

rip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия