electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 50hp16 pic prob.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironworker28

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Toshiba 50hp16 pic prob. Reply with quote

Hey guys im new to this forum and the plasma world. I bought from "ebay" A harly used 50" plasma. It looks new and worked perfect up until about a month after I had it. I had it on for about 15-20 min when i was in theother room and heard sort of a pop? or an unusual noise. Didnt think much of it. When i looked at the tv i noticed the screen wasnt to clear, some colors werent right, kinda blurry, but i could still see the pic good enough and hear it fine. thought it might be the new HD box. Anyway, next day still there narrowed it down that it was the TV. Watching some show still puzzled when it made the noise again and there goes the pic. Now when i turn it on it randomly will just have a fat line, or the screen will all be red and black. Just really F' ed up. I have no clue what it is, but im very handy and my best friend is an electrician so i hope to battle myself. I took the back off and found 4 fuses. They all checked out ok. Searched every board and could find outer evidence of something blown or burnt. HELP ME please. Ive only had it 2 months or so, and i really like it and would love to just get it fixed. There arent to many if any repair places to turn to out here. TIA!!
minnie

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try #75003043. It's the Z sustain board. It does the majority of the video processing.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before that,
SYMPTOM: Distorted or no picture
SOLUTION: In order to determine whether picture problems are on the chassis or the
display panel. You can utilize the built in pattern generator on the PDP control PCB to
display an internal pattern. This pattern is generated on the control PCB independent of
the main chassis. If after utilizing this pattern the picture still exhibits the distortion the
problem may be one of the PDP support boards (Control, Ysus, Zsus, X and Y Drive
PCB’s). If the pattern displays OK then look for a chassis side problem.

Short pins 1 and 2 on the logic board. It will display an internal pattern as long as the pins are shorted.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your input. Im just not a plasma tech or anything. Im trying to find these dif boards in the tv as people talk about them to figure it out. Also where do i buy these boards? Ive been searching and cant quite find them, thanks...
minnie

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.partstore.com/Default.aspx
ironworker28

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i ordered the zsus board, it was $150 shipped brand new. I also found the ysus board @ $180 shipped new. Ill try Z first. Im hoping this works. i love the TV and cant wait to get her up and running again. Ill post again after i try the z board.
ironworker28

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Well i installed the z_sus board and i get dif color flashes, bold white lines on a black screen. Different than with the other board. ??? I dont know how to test these to know what is wrong im just doing the trial and error thing. Can anyone help me? Also from the back when the tv is on it sounds like it did when it was good. After it blew it made a dif buzzing humming noise. Sounds right just still dont have a pic, just sound???
ironworker28

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: HELP! Reply with quote

Please someone chime in and help me make a decision! Thanks... Rolling Eyes
minnie

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check all of your connectors. Sounds like one may be loose or they sent you a bad board. Toshiba's notorious for new and defective boards.
ironworker28

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked them when i installed it. At first i didnt have one of the ribbons that go to the screen seated properly, so i fixed it and check all connectors again. How do i test the board? Thats where i need to start. Im sure there is a couple of pins i can check voltage on or something to see if it is good?? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия