electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer vsx 808 no longer keeps my settings in memory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elibuj

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Pioneer vsx 808 no longer keeps my settings in memory Reply with quote

Hello,

When i switch off supply, my settings are no longer in memory in my pioneer VSX 808 .
I have to set up coax... optic... every day.

I try to find such a lithium battery to change, but don't seem to have one.

Does someone already fix that problem ?

Thx
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the problem only happens when you turn it off, then WHY do you keep turning it off? Leave it on, turn the volume down.

HtH
[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
vtech

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lith. batteries have not been used for some time

Just looked at the schematic(in the archive if you need it)...the backup is accomplished via a backup capacitor which is located on front pcb--exactly what information is backed up thou, not sure?
In this case it is C204. It is a .47 farad @5.5Volt capacitor. Just to be sure, you ought to measure across the cap with a voltmeter. If working, it should keep the charge as you turn it off and if it dies right away, it is definately bad.

If you need one, Pioneer's part number is ACH7017 but they're proud of their parts & you'll proly be able to find it cheaper by searching for "super cap" .
torbjorn

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some types of super caps are notorious for being sensistive to moisture, causing internal corrosion so that they can fail within a few years. The problem is so common that most aftermarket parts suppliers use to keep an assortment of supercaps in stock.

But there are better types too.
The company where i worked until a few years ago designed and manufactured some products where supercaps were used (sort of interface boxes for telemetry and remote control purposes via land mobile radio) in the early nineties, i think about 600 units were built in total. Most of them were used in very bad environmental conditions - in forestry tractors, unheated outdoor cubicles and so on. We then kept support on those products for 10-15 years and never had a single supercap failure! Those supercaps were mainly manufactured by Elna, maybe NEC parts also were used in some cases.
Elibuj

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for information. I will try to watch for this capacitor.
It does not memorise even the last volume position.... Wink

PS : Yes i could let it on but what about the planet.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия