electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Audiovox plasma - sound but no picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tushy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition, with the YSUS board unplugged, I fluctuating readings of 1 -2 v at the 5v pins.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tushy wrote:
Hi minnie,

With everything hooked up again, the Va and Vs reads 0v.

As I mentioned before, since I replaced the fuse in the YSUS, when I plug it in and press power, the light on the front goes from red to blue for a second then back to blue and the red LED on the power board lights up. Once this happens, pressing the power will no longer let the light on front go to blue unless I unplug the set and plug it back in again.

Also, there is a jumper that says "closed: auto, open: normal". Right now it's open.

Most (if not all) of the boards are LG. the panel itself says PDP42X3#### if this helps clarify anything.

Thanks

What are you using as a ground?
Tushy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the support bracket where an external wall mount would go.
Tushy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier when I said

"With everything hooked up again, the Va and Vs reads 0v. "

that is essentially with the power off but the standby light on. When the YSUS is plugged in, the standby light will go from red to blue for about a second then back to red. Once this happens, the led on the power board will light up and stay lit.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But with them disconnected the voltages are not correct. How much do they want for the kit?
Tushy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only the AC plug hooked up to the power board and supplying 118.7v, I get readings of 0v at the 5v, Va and Vs pins.

I am unable to find a kit. The YSUS and ZSUS boards are about $120 each, I'm not sure how much the control board is but the power board is about $150 -180.

This is why I would like to try to get it down to one board if I can. I also realize that there may be more than one board with problems.

I really appreciate your help in trying to diagnose this!
Tushy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After letting the Tv sit plugged in for a while, with only the AC hooked up to the power board, I get a reading of .024v across the pins.

The power button has no effect.

Also, I don't know that much about circuits and components but should the voltage on each side of a resistor be the same?

There's a resistor just above the fuse by the AC jack that reads 118v on one side and .209v on the other.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends if the other side of the resistor goes to ground. Sounds like the power supply also got hit. If your VA/VS is that low, I'm thinking it got hit. With load or no load the supply's are way to low. I'd suspect minimal power supply, Y sustain and Y driver. You're looking at about a $400 guess. Is it worth it when you can buy a new one for about $1200.
Tushy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resistor does not ground. Not reading any resistance and have no continuity through it.

I think I'll replace the resistor on Tuesday when stores are open and see what happens.

Is the Y-driver the the large but slim vertical board that hooks up to the display?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry not logged in!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия