electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Audiovox plasma - sound but no picture
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: fpe4216p Reply with quote

tushy, my audiovox tv did exactly the same thing this morning, i was watching it and it shut off, when i turned it back on i had only audio, the set isnt even 2 years old. i am not as electrically inclined as you are, i dont know if i will be able to fix it. that sucks 2400$ down the tube.
shawno

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: schematics? Reply with quote

tushy, is there anywhere i can get the schematics so i know what and where the parts you changed are?
Tushy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Man You're lucky Reply with quote

I don't really check this site but today I posted a new question about another TV.

If it's the same problem as mine (which I think is quite likely), you blew a fuse on the Y-sus board. I'm not that electronically inclined and changing a board is really quite easy. The biggest pain is the 37 screws to get to the boards.

If you have a voltmeter you can verify this by checking each fuse for continuity.

Once the back panel is off, you'll see 3 main boards about 12" x 12" each. The one on the left is the y-sus (it should say it on the white LG label), the center is the power board and right is the z-sus.

If one of the fuses on the Y-sus are blown (there are two), I would replace this board. There will be part numbers printed on the board itself and on the white label stuck on it. I think that the following are also compatable boards:

Y-SUS: 6871QYH953A 6870qyh005B 6871QYH053B EAX31974801 ? EBR31872801 ? EBR32642701 Akai - 6870QYH105B vizio - EAX31631001 EBR32642702 1032298-hs

If it is the Y-sus, before you remove the board, you may want to note the position of one of the adjustment pots that is hidden by the support bracket. There is no way to adjust this with the board in place. I think I mentioned this earlier in this post but what I did was mark the bracket where the adjustment pot is, removed the board and drilled a hole in the bracket large enough for a small screwdriver so I could adjust it with the board in place.

Before installing a new board, mark the factory settings of the 4 pots with a sharpie before you try to tweak anything.

Good luck.

Tushy
SoCAL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: 6871QYH953A Capacitor Reply with quote

This has been the most informative Forum I have seen on this topic. Very thankful for the sharing of knowledge. Now that I am done complementing, I will ask for help.

I have the same YSUS board mentioned 6871QYH953A and first had the a blown fuse to fix, then noticed a blown Capacitor.

Anyone help me find more details about this little guy: on the board it is C102 or C98 or C108 with these markings:

50F

Thanks in advance for the Help in Identifying this CAP. Current EBAY price on YSUS is like $125 & up.
train123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The caps are 33uF @50V or 33 microfarad with 50 volt rating. Replacing with the same surface mount equivalent is recommended but there is usually lots of room so you could fit a through-hole version using wire legs and bending the legs to fit the same spot.
train123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Blown ZSUS and YSUS boards. Reply with quote

I need some tips on my set. It is an Akai PDP4273M1 on the outside but the inside has a LG model # PDP42x32000. The YSUS board is 6871QYH953A and the ZSUS board is 3871QZH956A. Both boards have one fuse blown which supply the main power so I'm suspecting the main Drive IC's on both boards are gone. I hate to replace whole boards and would rather do board level repair (also keeps the cost down). Does anyone know the part numbers of the IC's and whether they are available?
tt909090

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: TCL Plasma swiths on / off PDP4200bk Reply with quote

I recently had a problem with my TCL PDP4200BK plasma 42”

The fault was when you switched the TV on the red led light would flash blue, then a couple of min later the screen would switch itself off /on again.
This just started happening one day, so I took to the internet to find out more information on this subject. To my surprise after many hours of looking her there and everywhere I came to no avail. I did however discover many of the fixya sites who’s comments would just led to either replacement of all control boards and y-sus, zsus boards........ I thought this was an expensive route or simply book it in to a repair company. So I have made a quick guide on how I was able to fix my problem.

So here is the problem I have and how to resolve it cheaply........

1. You need to open the rear panel of the plasma to do this please make sure the TV is unplugged and situated flat on a work bench or flat surface.

2. Remove all screws on rear panel.

3. Locate the 4 external control buttons bottom right. Here there is a black cable connected / clipped to the board. Follow this cable from the buttons up until you reach the other connection on the control board (centre).

4. Unplug and enjoy, (please be aware plasmas use a very high DC voltage when striking so please test with care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия