electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
remote control problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thefixer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: remote control problem Reply with quote

Hello every body,I have Thomson TV model 14MG10G.it has processor:TMP 47c1637n-RA34.tda8842.Eeprom24w04 1.the problem is even though remote control is ok it doesn't work i tried other remote controls but in vain.I also replace IR receiver of the set but in vain.... any one to help me with this.Thanks in advance.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you replaced the IR sensor and it's still no go replace the micro.
torbjorn

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Thomson TVs have a membrane keyboard for the local buttons on the front panel. It is common that switches of that keyboard get shorted, "stuck". In this case, the TV will not take commands from the remote.
Easiest way to check it is to disconnect the keyboard and see if the remote begins working.

Also, make sure that the micro's clock (crystal or ceramic resonator) is running at the correct frequency (check with scope and frequency counter).

Regarding the IR receiver, make sure that you get clean 0/5 V data on its output when trying the remote and that it doesn't put out garbage at no input.
Those IR receivers have an integrated bandpass filter that must match the remote's modulation frequency. Most types of receivers are available with a number of different center frequencies between, say, 30 kHz and 50 kHz , 38 kHz being the most common one.

A common problem today is that some modern low energi lamps or fluorescent tubes with high frequency ballasts happen to operate at the same frequency as the remote control, effectively blocking all communication.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия