electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba Rear projection TV, control panel/remote not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Toshiba Rear projection TV, control panel/remote not working Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I have a Toshiba Rear projection TV, model 42wh18b, it is 3 years old and we never had a problem until last weekend, we went to turn the volume up and the set would not respond. We then tried using the front control panel but that would not respond either. My husband then turned the tv off altogether but it took him 20 minutes to get it back on. Since then it has been about 50-50 with it. Somedays it is perfect and you can use it allday without fault but on others you cant get the remote or front panel to respond. As long as you are happy with the channel you are on and the volume level the tv is ok but otherwise you can't change any settings. Can anyone tell me what is the problem with it and would it be expensive to repair?

Many thanks, Patricia

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patrica,

My Brother bought the same TV a few years ago, and as you say it had been working perfectly until a month-or-so ago where it seems to freeze on a certain signal feed.

The remote stops working along with the front panel buttons (although if you press the input select button on the remote the OSD info changes... while keeping the original feed running in the background).

Have you heard any response to this or managed to fix the problem?

Kind regards
Mike

MEvely_at_MichaelEvely_dot_com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: 42WH18B Reply with quote

did anyone solve the problems?. I have exactly the same problem any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия