electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sharp Acquos Firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Sharp Acquos Firmware Reply with quote

I have a LC45GD4U that I bought a few years ago and moved to Norway from Texas. The TV has a problem that I believe is called Clayface in that the colors of people are pasty. I know there is a firmware upgrade, but I can't get the Sharp representative in Norway to fix my US TV and I can't bring the TV back home again. Can anyone tell me where I can get the firmware and install it myself? The serial number is 503615316.

Thanks,
ed
vtech

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether it will solve the problem you described? not sure but software upgrades are not that difficult provided you know computers & if feel uneasy, do not try it yourself. In general your contact point should be where you purchased it (USA). It is pretty much the same if you bought an overseas model & try getting help in the states, they don't want to have to deal with it. --just wondering, is that a multi format set or how are you using it in Norway?
Anyways.... here is a page w/instruction best to contact them direct if any questions & once again, not sure wheter it will fix your issue as I seem to remember it being a common complaint among several brands
http://www.sharpusa.com/products/support/options/1,2310,,00.html?model_num=LC-45GD4U&s_func_disp_id=27
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия