electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Rear Projection won't power on - 50FX30B
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dead Hitachi Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
You should find the line driver, usualy located next to the HT transformer on a heat sink,check to see if shorted by disconecting the collector. (Hopefuly you know how to check a Transistor). I sound to me this could be the problem, if the driver is not shorted check if you have line voltage on the collector of the driver should be +/- 115 volts d.c. if missing prehaps theres a problem in the supply which I doubt as the set is going into protection usualy a result of a short in the line.

I don't mean to appear dense but I'm not sure which is the HT Transformer, can you perhaps tell me where it is located on the board? Or maybe give me some part numbers? I see perhaps 3 or more transformers on the board....is it located near the power supply or near the lEDs? Thanks again for all the help.
absorbentgnome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HT (high-tension) transformer is the transformer usually referred to as the flyback transformer or LOPT/LOPTx (line-output transformer). It's main purpose is to create the EHT (extra-high tension) voltage of ~24kV required for the picture tube. You can identify the LOPT/flyback/HT transformer by the fact that it is usually situated on the corner of the board, it is tubular in shape and it has a thick red wire coming out of the top leading to a rubber insulated cap where the wire clips onto the tube.

Usually, nearby is an aluminium heatsink with the LOPTr (line-output transistor) mounted on it. This is the HOT, line-driver, whatever.

You can test the HOT using a cheap digital multimeter, that measures the forward voltage drop (should be around 500mV) across each junction. Beware however that some HOTs have an internal resistor and/or freewheeling diode that can make it look like its knackered. Obtain the datasheet for your component to identify its type, and test accordingly.

If it is ok, then you should test the SMPSU rectifier diodes for shorts, by substitution and replacement.

If you want to repair the set read Sam's TV FAQ (Google!) and Notes on SMPSUs. Get some desolder wick as well. If u don't wan't to learn and risk knackering your set even more then take it to a repair shop.
Unlucky320

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absorbentgnome wrote:
The HT (high-tension) transformer is the transformer usually referred to as the flyback transformer or LOPT/LOPTx (line-output transformer). It's main purpose is to create the EHT (extra-high tension) voltage of ~24kV required for the picture tube. You can identify the LOPT/flyback/HT transformer by the fact that it is usually situated on the corner of the board, it is tubular in shape and it has a thick red wire coming out of the top leading to a rubber insulated cap where the wire clips onto the tube.

Usually, nearby is an aluminium heatsink with the LOPTr (line-output transistor) mounted on it. This is the HOT, line-driver, whatever.

You can test the HOT using a cheap digital multimeter, that measures the forward voltage drop (should be around 500mV) across each junction. Beware however that some HOTs have an internal resistor and/or freewheeling diode that can make it look like its knackered. Obtain the datasheet for your component to identify its type, and test accordingly.

If it is ok, then you should test the SMPSU rectifier diodes for shorts, by substitution and replacement.

If you want to repair the set read Sam's TV FAQ (Google!) and Notes on SMPSUs. Get some desolder wick as well. If u don't wan't to learn and risk knackering your set even more then take it to a repair shop.

Thanks for the help. At the risk of sounding even more dense than I did before...could you be a little more specific. I'm assuming you are referring to what I would call the high voltage transformer. I see several transistors around it, some on aluminium heatsinks. I don't suppose you could be more specific and tell me part numbers could you? (something like, you need to replace part number Q904 or something?) I just can't understand why only my red LED lights up....on all the other forums I found the green ones light up too. Thanks again for all help provided.
Unlucky320

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Hitachi 50fx30b Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you know that we got the set working. Contacted Hitachi repairman and was told it was probably a cap or a regulator, replaced part # STRM-6511, the set came on and seems to be working fine. Thanks for all the help.
KS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update glad to hear it works now, 3 quick questions though:

1. What model of TV was yours I believe you had indicated it was a Hitachi 50fx30b, but I don't see that part number in the service manual (pdf).

2. Can you describe the part (STRM-6511), is there a number on or next to it on the board (the protection board on mine numbers them from I901 to I907)? All the searches I have done indicate this to be a semiconductor (I.C. probably a Voltage regulator @ less than $20) and which board is it on?

3. Where did you get the part from?

Maybe ther is some hope - Thanks again for the feedback.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check F903.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия