electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
RCA 52" Convergence Issue - Please help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Searchlight

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: RCA 52" Convergence Issue - Please help. Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a 52" RCA Model p52921, Chassis ptk195mb.

The problem is that the convergence goes out once the TV is on for a few minutes. Sometimes it can take days, sometimes hours, sometimes just seconds. Turning the TV off, then back on will clear the problem for a few minutes, then in just does it again. Sometimes turning it off then back on repeatedly will fix the problem for a few days and as long as you don't turn it off, the problem doesn't come back.

When this issue occurs, the convergence, especially on the side gets way off and the screen kinda looks like a hour-glass on it's side. Since I am not good at describing it, I have an image. See the following:

http://www.reconstituted.com/1.jpg

I even have video of it doing it. The video shows it going good, then going out. In the video, I shut the TV off and turn it on and you can see that it temporarily solves the issue. Here is a link to the video. If you have broadband, please view it (9MB) since it CLEARLY shows the problem:

http://www.reconstituted.com/TelevisionProblem.avi

Now, some more info in case it matters. When the problem happens, the adjust projection screen menu item disappears, only sometimes. Sometimes it is there, sometimes it is not. If it is there and you try to adjust the TV when the problem is happening, it turns the TV off when you enter the adjustment screen.

Anyways, what is most likely the problem? If you are gonna say power supply, please give me an idea where it is and where I would buy a replacement. I would really like to learn more about these things and I need a little help. I do have a little electronics backgound, just not with TVs. Component identification and location I need help with.

Thanks for reading. Sorry so long.

Tom
mark

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turning it off and back on clears this up?
sounds like it may be a DCU problem (digital convergence unit)

on that set the dcu may be seperate from the convergence amplifier.
the convergence amplifier is the board thats on the right when looking in the back of the set.

dcu is a silver box thats either mounted in the amp board or attached to the side of it.
it IS possible your losing power as well, just the symptom doesnt lead me in that direction.
your probably going to need to have that one serviced.
Martha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: PLEASE HELP ME Reply with quote

There is no power. I need eeprom, I need to replace it.
ghedrick

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: RCA 52923 w PTK195 "3D" pic & convergence miss Reply with quote

A fix for the same problen on a itc22 chassis indicates to replace blown fuse 259213 (213) and resolder flyback connections.
BUT the PTK195 does not have the 213 fuse just to the right of the flyback.

One might assume that this 213 fix would be the same fix on the PTK195 but where is the 213 fuse ?
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two different animals.

One might think the starter off a Ford would be interchangable with a Chevy, but they're not. They serve the Same function, but dimensions, mountings, etc. are incompatible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия