electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
How to solder a broken SMC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zebu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: How to solder a broken SMC? Reply with quote

A friend gave me their cellphone to repair that wasn't charging so I figured I'd take a shot at it. I found that the charge port wasn't securely attached to the board and had pulled free. It appears it took the pads with it. I only see impressions on the board where the pins used to attach and no traces leading away from them so that must be in another layer.

Does anyone have any experience reattaching something like this? I was going to try tinning the impressions to see if I could build new pads but I thought I'd ask before I messed it up.

Thanks,

-Bill
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say without seeing it. If it is infact is in a layered, not much can be done?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's already junk unless he charges the battery out of the phone so you can't really make it any worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия