electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
SONY COMPUTER MONITOR MODEL SDM-M81 WIRING SPECS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hi-tech redneck

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: SONY COMPUTER MONITOR MODEL SDM-M81 WIRING SPECS Reply with quote

Howdy folks,

I'm in need of some technical information on a Sony computer monitor.
Model #: SDM-M81.
I hope someone can help me with some information on this monitors power supply.
I do not have a power supply for this unit, it was given to me so the price was good.
I would like to test the monitor with a variable power supply tester before I purchase a new power supply from Sony priced @ $138.00 or eBay @ $60.00-$100.00.
These prices for a power supply are expensive for a monitor this old when compared to new flat screens available these days so economically priced.
Can someone tell me the polarity for the power connector tip terminals and or supply me with a wiring schematic or repair manual.
The power supply tip is called a A3G style plug or tip, it looks like a triangle with the top cut off, similar to a trapezoid.

A good picture can be seen on eBay with this item #: 260174214489

The terminals are numbered 1 thru 4 on the back of the monitors power connection socket on the circuit board.
So if you are looking at the power supplies output connector tip the terminals are numbered as:
#1=top right
#2=top left
#3=bottom right
#4=bottom left
I assume that terminals 1 & 2 are positive +18 volts dc
& terminals 3 & 4 are negative -18 volts dc

I used a multi-tester and checked for resistance on the circuits path of flow for each terminal & I find that # 3 & 4 are directly connected to each other and with the metal support brace covering the power input plugs socket , and I assume that would be grounded.
The circuits path of flow indicate terminals # 1 & 2 are the same between both terminals.

Can someone please help or verify if I have the correct information on the tips polarity.
If the monitor works I'll spend some money on it.
Thanks in advance for any info offered.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.justmanuals.com/sony-color-monitor-sdmm81-parts-service-p-25098.html

$9.99 and instant download.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия