electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-X2991D - picture appears 5-10min after switched on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-X2991D - picture appears 5-10min after switched on Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I just got hold of a Sony Trinitron KV-X2991D TV. As I described in the subject, after switching it on, the sound starts immediately but the picture appears a few minutes later. When it appers, everything works OK until it's switched off. I'd like to fix it if possible and keep it for myself. Any ideas what it could be? Thanks in advance.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resolder the vertical IC.
ebe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try that and I'll get back with the result.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked and resoldered the entire pcb and nothing changed. Does anyone know where the chasys model is printed?
gary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is more likely with a set of that age is that the crt is on its last legs and it is taking 5-10 minutes for the crts emission to reach the point where the auto grey scale can balance the drives correctly, tweaking of the A1 control and/or short circuiting the heater feed resistor may result in a very temporary fix, only real cure would be crt replacement. the tv is fitted with AE2F chassis which came out in 1994. 14 years is a damn sight longer than you would get out of a modern set!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Gary. Tweaking the A1 did the job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия