electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Connecting speakers to an av control receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy2134

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Connecting speakers to an av control receiver Reply with quote

Hi there.

I have a 42" HITACHI television, which I got from my girlfriend, as her family had got a new television. Unfortunately, I need speakers if I wish to hear anything. Luckily, I got some Celestion speakers with it. The AVP303 and AVP305 systems. I also got an AV Control Receiver - Panasonic SA-XR15.

The thing is, even after looking in the instruction manuals, I have no idea how to put it all together.

Any help would be appreciated. Smile
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your source? The TV should have speakers also. Someone may have turned them off in the menu. What exactly are you trying to do?
Andy2134

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciao.co.uk/Hitachi_42PD5000__5725496

This is what I have.

I have been on the menu and can't seem to find anything that lets me turn the sound back on. Confused

I have to put the link in that format, as otherwise I'm not allowed to post it.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.info.hitachidigitalmedia.com/brochures/en_GB/42pd5000_datasheet.pdf

This is the user's manual. Hitachi PDP (Plasma Display Panel) Monitor, which can only connect with PC. This tells me you need to have say a cable/sat/vcr box as the source and take the audio from the external source and run it as an input to say a stereo receiver as your output.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Xbox 360...
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy2134 wrote:
ciao.co.uk/Hitachi_42PD5000__5725496

This is what I have.

I have been on the menu and can't seem to find anything that lets me turn the sound back on. Confused

I have to put the link in that format, as otherwise I'm not allowed to post it.

Do you have the multimedia box with this unit? You can use it to hookup to an external receiver OR you can utilize the built in amplifier to hook up directly to a set of speakers. The built-in audio amp is not that strong but it can be done.
Do you have the owner's manual? It is clearly shown on page 31. Your posted link is only a brouchure here is an image of the page

You can get the complete manual here
http://tinyurl.com/6pgve6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to apologise. I really struggle with electrical problems and the technical words associated with them.

I don't have a VCR, a DVD player or a set-top box. The first two are definites and I'm not 100% sure what a set-top box is.

Can I just confirm that I do NEED speakers. There is no way whatsoever that I can hear without them, right?
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a monitor. Monitors do not have built in speakers. You need an external source to process audio ie a stereo.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
This is a monitor. Monitors do not have built in speakers. You need an external source to process audio ie a stereo.

There is no "built-in" speakers but has a builtin amplifier. Can be directly hooked up to a set of "optional" speakers as shown in owner's manual.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Connecting speakers to an av control receiver Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

I would suggest you to take the help of sites related to electronics. you can get the solution of your problem there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия