electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sanyo 27" Television Model DS27890

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjkeller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Sanyo 27" Television Model DS27890 Reply with quote

Hello, I am a newbie to this forum and am seeking some help.

I have a 27" Sanyo DS27890 that stopped working. When you turn it on it only stays on for a few seconds then turns back off. This can be repeated a few times until it will no longer "click" when you try to turn it on.
It will not stay on long enough for sound or picture to come up.
It seems this has been a common problem yet I haven't seen a common solution.
So here's what I'm asking:

1.) What would suspected culprits of problem be?
2.) How do I verify?
3.) Does anyone have schematics and/or repair info?
4.) Where do I find parts?

I have heard reference to power supply but which component would be considered the power supply? T402 = Flyback Transformer, T601 = Trans, Power, Pulse...would that be a reference to one of these? Is there something else I should be looking at?

ANY AND ALL HELP AND OR COMMENTS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Best Regards,
Travis
tjkeller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Smile
tjkeller

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello???...Is this forum functioning? Question Question Question

I havn't had any response to my questions posted 2 weeks ago. Sad Crying or Very sad
tjkeller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Gee, new posts, yah, the forums broke df. If you don't get a response that means no one knows. Sorry for your inconvenience. Evil or Very Mad

Ouch!...harsh words from someone who chooses to remain anonymous.
Especially the "df" piece. I'll take it for the value of the source from which it came.

I am a member of several forums. One of them referred me here. Never have I seen anything like this. My experience with those other forums has been with people who are helpful and courteous not name callers. I myself always help people when & where I can.

Currently I am just seeking some basic info and figured SOMEBODY here might be able to offer some knowledge.

To all those who may have read the post...THANKS.

Sadly, I am still stuck on this one though.

Best Regards to all.

TK
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find any free schematics. Contact Paul at justmanuals. I see a couple of vertical issues but no real power supply issues other than flybacks. I'd get a schematic and start going through the primary and secondary voltages.
tjkeller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie, THANKS for the reply. Wink
I have found similar item schematics but not this one. At any rate, the schematics aren't telling me how to trouble shoot what's up. This problem is talked about in other threads but I haven't seen any solutions. It seems it is likely the T402 (Flyback) or T601 (Trans, Power, Pulse). I suspect T601 but is there a way to verify?

For the price of the parts, replacing BOTH just to find the problem would leave one better off to just buy a new TV. A sad option for an otherwise good monitor with great picture.

Of course the next problem would be coming by the parts. TigerDirect no longer has either of these parts available.

Best Regards,
Travis
kenray

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: servicemanual Reply with quote

pacparts or the partstore both have a service manual for this tv, part number is KTDS27890.
tjkeller

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenray, THANKS for the reply.
I'll check these out.

Best Regards,
Travis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия