electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 34 HF81C -can't access menu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heinz57

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 34 HF81C -can't access menu Reply with quote

With the remote (fresh Batteries in the right direction} set in TV MODE, it flashes appropriately but does nothing to the TV. It does not turn it OFF nor ON.
I would like to switch to DVD but only says "not available" when I press the menu button on the base of the TV....
DidI lock out front panel access and is this also why the remote does nothing???

Any help, gratefully

Heinz
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the remote is in the television mode first. If 'not available' appears the front lock IS ON. Toshiba's are notorious for bad IR sensors/pick up in the set.
heinzheinz57

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Toshiba locked out Reply with quote

Thank you Minnie

Is there a way to unlock the front panel???

Heinz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Toshiba locked out Reply with quote

I mean, without the remote......

Can a repair person fix the IR sensor???

Thanks Heinz
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Toshiba locked out Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I mean, without the remote......

Can a repair person fix the IR sensor???

Thanks Heinz

Yes, Try #23906805

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: locked out Reply with quote

I talked to a Toshiba repair guy... he said the front panel can be unlocked with the remote... since this is after market remote he suggested bring in the remote to see if it works with their TV,s...BETTER than lugging in the huge CRT
I have read the original manual but it only describes how to UNLOCK with the remote

Do you know how to do this without a working remote????

Manny thanks,
Heinz
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunitly it only locks/unlocks from the menu. Keep playing with the remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия