electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips plasma TV has horizontal stripes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Another question Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Sorry to sound dense - but the panel - is that the screen itself (and not a board) inasmuch as it's something that cannot be repaired?

Normally, the panel comes with ALL the boards attached. You keep the plastic housing that's about it. Any sustain/buffer board, logic, digital main, power supply comes with the pdp/panel. Not cost effective. Plasma is a big time guess.
Kai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi minnie,
Thanks for the time invested.
I'll take it off the wall this weekend (sigh) and have a look.
If it is possible for me to remove the driver board, for example, do you think it's worth replacing?
I understand it's just a guess, but the boards are certainly a lot less expensive than a new TV.

BTW - I can find the following boards which might apply:
Driver Board
Logic Main
and Buffers Board, plus E, F and G Buffers (although you ruled these out due to the stripes not being vertical).

Best guess?
Bogues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Similar problem!! Reply with quote

Found Kai's posting while seeking info on an almost identical issue which arose on my 42" Philips plasma tonight - also 3 years old.

Almost faultless in that time - it has had a habit of the screen just going blank for about 10s then recovering from time to time.

Any luck at fixing this, or is it time for a trip to the dump????
BrkSamSung

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Same Problem Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem with my 50 in Samsung Plasma. I replaced the "Main Board" with no success. My next step is the logic board. In the service manual it says that a certain LED on the logic board is supposed to blink. On my logic board the LED is on steady.
BrkSamSung

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Not the logic board Reply with quote

Installed new logic board, still broken
myfirstplasma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: samsung hp s5033 plasmahorizontal lines Reply with quote

same problem my logic board has 2 lights one flashes the other on all the time, [email protected]
myfirstplasma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips plasma TV has horizontal stripes Reply with quote

Kai wrote:
I have a 50" Philips Plasma TV which has recently developed horizontal stripes across most of the screen.
TV is a 50PF9630A/37.
The TV is 3 years old and until now has performed flawlessly.
I expect there may be a board that needs replacing (?) as I'm not sure if I'd just be able to identify/replace a single component...
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

(how can I attach a photo?)
[/img]

hi did you get it fixed i have about same problem [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия