electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Technosonic LCD1908 - dead - but stanby light flashing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet you that the written warranty you received when you purchased this set states periods like "90 days" and "1 year." (Periods which set DID "last" through.)

It's lasting through the warranty period, but it's NOT lasting "forever."
Policies that seem to be at odds with one another. Rolling Eyes
TomR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixed! Reply with quote

did you have to unsolder the transformer to get to the screws into the heat sink?
AK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows , i purchased my technosonic from sainsburys in the sale and two years later i cam across the fault, howver i only used it for a period of 3 months.

I got in contact with the head office and they have agreed to give me 100 pounds back, if you mention to them the goods of sales act, they have a right to replace your tv or give you some form of refund. If they decline either which i doubt, you can take your claim to a small claims court. i think this is worth trying as this brand if defective and manufacturers have gone bust! Hope this helps.
meme2189

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: replacement diodes on ebay please Reply with quote

bctom wrote:
I cant get mine to work. I have managed to replace the parts and the tv just started making a clicking noise.

Then I managed to make some sparks and it doesnt even make that sound now.

Think its totally buggered. If anyone else is having the same problem and requires 2 of these diode things just let me know and I will put 2 new ones of them on ebay.

Hi. Are you please able to place the two diodes on ebay? I am having the same problem.
Thanks! Smile
bctom

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry meme2189, its been over a year since I posted that messege and I have since thrown them in the bin (along with the TV set).
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meme2189
These should be SAME. If part number is searched via the other earlier link, it comes up with this part...

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?lang=en&site=US&WT.z_homepage_link=hp_go_button&KeyWords=MBRF20100CTG&x=0&y=0
WIZZI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Dead Technosonic LCD 1908 Reply with quote

Many thanks I had the same fault , I used the link to obtain the diodes which cost £10.75 delivered next day and with the aid of a steady hand and a soldering iron tv works again Very Happy
ToMBoY_C

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dig this up!

My Technosonic 1908 has the same flashing red standby light!!

It's nearly 4 years old. I've removed the back and I can see what I believe is the 2 Diodes. I will upload the photos very soon, I just wanted to see if anyone would reply to me...

Thanks in advance!

Thomas H

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this TV, but a strange problem, that the tv channels are mixed up, for example bbc1 is channel 4 on the tv.

how do i set the channels in the correct order ?

[email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия