electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony G420 Monitor Control Lock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikehenden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sony G420 Monitor Control Lock Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
mikehenden wrote:
spodosaurus wrote:
mikehenden wrote:
Hi. I'm hoping somebody can help me with this... I have had this monitor for some years now. When I had it serviced last year I got it back with the screen lock applied. I phoned the technician who did some research and told me how to unlock the screen. Unfortunately the 'normal' method described by Sony doesn't work in this case. I'm hoping there is a workaround -- is there anybody out there that has struck this problem and is there a fix for it? Many thanks, MIKE

I was just given a G420 with the same problem (wasn't warned about it in advance *grrrrr*). Did you end up finding a solution?

I did actually see that you can download drivers for the G420. If you're running a Windows-based system this could be the answer, Unfortunately I'm on a Mac and there are no drivers available to download.

esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=CPDG420&SelectOS=8

Thanks for everybody that replied to this post. It does seem that for the majority of operating systems there are options that could possibly 'reset' the monitor and correct this problem. Again, unfortunately, because of the 'plug and play' nature of Mac peripherals, if seems that there is not a fix for Mac OS. I'm going back to the tech who serviced the monitor to see if he can offer any further suggestions, but I'm not holding my breath...
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their are 2 mac upgrades listed?
SZASZ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mike,

Sorry i didn't checked the model off your monitor, and now I see that is a CRT.

My solution was for a LCD monitor (Hold menu button10sec).

You said that imediately you become the monitor from service the lock off the menu apears.
So in my opinion is a procesor, eeprom or RGB preamplifier failure.
This kind off problem is very hard to debug.
Sorry for having no other solution.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия