electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi Convergence Problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly ESR is a type of Cap test. I am not familiar with it. I was at Rat Shack today and asking questions about testing caps out of the circuit, that was useless Rolling Eyes What is involved with ESR? is this an O scope process or can I use an Multimeter with a cap checker. It has to be the simplest not necessarily the most accurate just enough to tell good from bad...
Thanks Minnie
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It measures Equivalent Series Resistance . It's a special meter. That cap should be a buck something, it's cheaper to replace than buy a esr meter to check. You can't check esr with a multimeter.
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your absolutely correct minnie I replaced the Cap about an hour ago got one from RS for like 1.49. unfortunately this was not the problem the Tv is still taking up to 2 hours to come on. I can hear a sound of constant sizzling in the tv it almost sounds like electricity arching not to loud but defiantly noticeable. The front controls displays a steady red light. When we turned off the power strip to the tv and back on you here a click like its about to come on then this noise kicks in, I tried to locate the origin of the sound but its difficult. I did record a short video off my cell thinking I could send it perhaps to you. Also I noticed a ceramic type Cap located next to relay r803 that has a hair line crack all the way around the perimeter of it, the numbers on it are KL15L 5R1 on the power board I was thinking this might be a problem if not the problem. I seem to feel its a relay not kicking in, At this point im not sure. Question
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stabbing at this, go after the convergence IC's. STK392-040's.
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your stab is better than my educated guess. The stk's where do you recommend I purchase them. the case with my hitachi was to replace resistors as well is this the same case?I think I purchased at b&d electronics
One last question this mouse ear cap located next to relay r803 looks questionable with a hairline crack its labled KL15L 5R1 its an easy replacement but I dont know how to find its exact name and part # would you know, and do you think this could be the problem as well?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this Samsung made? Or Chinese?
enough2bdangerous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cap? hummm I only saw those numbers on it? I can send a picture but really its the size of a nickle all black ceramic in design a little thicker than a nickle with the following kL15L5R1? no other markings. I know cracks are bad but is it possible the cap is fine. You can see the crack with the naked eye at least I was able to spot it its hairline....
cwxusked

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The component with the KL15L SR1 markings is an NTC Inrush Current Limiter Power Thermistor and if it popped to to some sort of power surge, lightning storm, etc. the result would be that the TV will no longer turn on.[/code]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

54" akai getting no power..KL15L5R1 could be problem..But where can i get this part and is there another cross part that i can use??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия