electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Projection TV turns itself off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joseph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Projection TV turns itself off Reply with quote

I have a weird projection TV problem. This is a 55-in Pioneer, which turns off by itself. This started several weeks ago when watching cable TV. We just turned the thing back on and kept watching. A little while later it did the same thing again. This is been going on for a while now where it just shuts off. There was no pattern to this. Before I turn it on I have to turn the cable box off.
Since I don't watch much DVD I hadn't noticed until yesterday that the TV does the same thing while playing DVDs. Last night it happened again, but then rewound the DVD a few scenes because I missed them when the TV turned off. Sure enough when it came to the same scene it turned off again. I repeated this several times and each time when it came to this specific scene the TV turned off. There are other scenes in this movie where the same thing happened. Since then we encountered the same problem while watching other DVDs and again there are several places in the movie where the TV will turn off.

Would anyone know what is going on? Do I need a TV repair main or an exorcist?
nobleelectronics2000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL well the exorcism wouldnt help much but sounds like a voltage problem in the set because some scenes
in movies have stronger signals that are sent to the tv which can cause this. yes i think you need a tv repair man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: projection T.V. turns off by itself Reply with quote

I too have this same problem with my T.V. ( Pioneer SD-P5191-K )
My T.V. usually does this when you first turn on the power. It will stay on for a few seconds it then gets really loud and then shuts off by itself. When it does this I have to turn off the primary power switch. I turn it back on after a few seconds and then hope it will stay on. It usually doesn't the first few times but does eventually. I did have a repair man look at it, he said he wasn't sure what it was and that it would probably cost several hundred to repair. So here i am looking for the answer...
[email protected]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: pioneer tv shuts off Reply with quote

check the high voltage spliter box in high voltage section they go bad a lot
when it leaks it will shut down the t.v.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to RE-Solder all the circuit, it´s caused by cold-solder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father-in-law has the same problem with his Pioneer SD-P5191-K. It gets really load and then shuts down.

He had a TV repair man look at it who wanted to replace a board costing almost $1000. Seems to me, he didn't want the business. A NEW set would be only a bit more than that.

Anyhow, I came across a local guy selling repaired TVs on Ebay and he's going to take a look at it for him. We'll keep our fingers crossed and I'll keep you all posted on what we hear.
tanseer shadab

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: know the power ic value Reply with quote

sir,
I have a monitor board which power ic is shorted.its model no:ckc5277
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия