electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Taxan UV 1095LR monitor SN 1541EV04290 problems settings up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeterGrant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Taxan UV 1095LR monitor SN 1541EV04290 problems settings up. Reply with quote

Hi
Sorry this is a long posting but I hope there is enough detail for someone to be able to help.
I have a 20" autoscanning Taxan Ultravision 1095LR monitor which has hardly been used from new, and not at all in the last 8 years!
I have just brought it back into service with a win98SE system fitted with a Matrox Millenium G400 graphics card and BNC cable, using Taxan drivers which are supposed to be OK for 9x-XP. Clicking on the Matrox installation it confirms that it will output to monitors set to all the windows settings at 24-bit colour at 60Hz which is fine by me. I have the Taxan User's manual which says there are 12 Channel presets and 6 user settings. Several of these are at the wanted V scan rates of 60Hz but none were picked automatically (Ch02-640x480 HScan 31.5), 05-800x600 (HScan 37.Cool, 09-1024x768 (HScan 48.2), 11-1280x1024 (HSan 64.4)). I was surprised it didn't autoscan to the windows resolution settings but that might be the horizontal scan rates don't match the Matrox card's. I made user settings on Ch13-18, each time overrwriting ones presumably set when I used it years ago. Settings are easier enough to make though when asked for a label it starts at Ch90 and takes an age to get down to the available labels! Game them resolution labels.
Unfortunately I had one more I wanted to set so I took the option of 'initialising presets and clear user channels' : pressing Mode and BNC while powering up restores the 12 factory presets. I did this twice because one of the resolution labels was incomplete and I couldn't find a way of editing it. Obtained the set I wanted, but on starting up the computer the screens before Windows opened were all wrong!
The third time I reset the factory defaults I no longer got an option to provide a label it just gave me Ch01 for the 1280x1024 one and the same Ch01 for each subsequent user setting!!!
Is there a battery internally to hold the settings?
Are they held on eeprom?
I have a picall programmer and a competent technician if anyone can help.
Confused

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Sorry this is a long posting but I hope there is enough detail for someone to be able to help. Second copy without typos!
I have a 20" autoscanning Taxan Ultravision 1095LR monitor which has hardly been used from new, and not at all in the last 8 years!
I have just brought it back into service with a win98SE system fitted with a Matrox Millenium G400 graphics card and BNC cable, using Taxan drivers which are supposed to be OK for 9x-XP. Clicking on the Matrox installation it confirms that it will output to monitors set to all the windows settings at 24-bit colour at 60Hz which is fine by me. I have the Taxan User's manual which says there are 12 Channel presets and 6 user settings. Several of these are at the wanted V scan rates of 60Hz but none were picked automatically (Ch02-640x480 HScan 31), 05-800x600 (HScan 37., 09-1024x768 (HScan 48.2), 11-1280x1024 (HSan 64.4)). I was surprised it didn't autoscan to the windows resolution settings but that might be the horizontal scan rates don't match the Matrox card's. I made user settings on Ch13-18, each time overrwriting ones presumably set when I used it years ago. Settings are easy enough to make though when asked for a label it starts at Ch90 and takes an age to get down to the available labels! Gave them 'resolution' labels.
Unfortunately I had one more I wanted to set so I took the option of 'initialising presets and clear user channels' : pressing Mode and BNC while powering up restores the 12 factory presets. I did this twice because one of the resolution labels was incomplete and I couldn't find a way of editing it. Obtained the set I wanted, but on starting up the computer the screens before Windows opened were all wrong!
The third time I reset the factory defaults I no longer got an option to provide a label it just gave me Ch01 for the 1280x1024 one and the same Ch01 for each subsequent user setting!!!
Is there a battery internally to hold the settings?
Are they held on eeprom?
Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия