electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
How do I make my windows open automatically?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
How do I make my windows

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: How do I make my windows open automatically? Reply with quote

Okay, I love the outside and there is nothing like waking up with freshair and sunlight on your face. So I want to have my windows open in the morning.

I need my windows completely shut at night (well atleast the blinds the actual windows can stay open) cause the light from a street is right at my window. So I want to make my window open actuallically in the morning. This is what I've done so far.

I have my blinds controled from remote (cheap device from Lowes (about 20) that replaces the closing stick) and I've ordered some hardware and software for my computer that can give infrared signals at a scheduled time. So thats one things that I've done with but I need two more.

I'm going to add some drapes to further block out the street light. Here are a few questions. What material is the best to block out light? My moms (sower) made one that doubled up on the fabric but still didn't block it all out. The one she made had five strings attached to the drapes that all went through a devices that had wheels inside with one having teeth, so that when you pull at it at the right angle it would lock. What is this deviced called that has the teeth wheels? And here is my last question. Finally, any ideas on how to make them automatic w/ infrared control of course? (cheap)

And here is the last and probably hardest part. Any ideas on how to make the actual windows automatically open? I would think you would need some kind of devices with wheels that was under the window.

Thanks
Master Tech

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are prolly 50 ways to do this,,,,,,Ist Question,,,,,What kind of Window??? like sliding (left to Right,,,,Casement or the up and down typical 2 pane type???? The electronics are very simple,,,,, But you will need a small motor to begin with,,,I don,t exactly know what Mom might say when you start drilling holes in your house windows....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия