electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Matsui LM20N2 LCD TV - Service Manual or Schematics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, the designation ECB is definitely NOT for FET. let me do some checking & will post back
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Professor wrote:
vtech: I know that you wanted a picture of the face transistor, but I just can't get a clear picture of it so did not bother uploading it.
The PCB marking for the transistors are ECB.

Best Regards.

Update;
Based on your numbers, it appears that the transistors are actually BJT's part# HSD965 & made by a yingyang outfit called; Hi-Sincerity Microelectronic corp. which is the same as 2SD965
Not a high voltage but rather high current transistor in TO92 package which is also applicable for flash circuit.
Keep in mind that in any circuit, transistor failure can easily be caused by another defective componenet such as leaky/shorted cap/coil/etc.
So if it's worth messing with this, make sure to spot check various caps/diodes around the circuit(especially the blue caps) & good luck.
Mad Professor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech: Thanks again for your time and support.

I am based in the UK, and have just looked on RS Components UK Ltd and Digikey UK for the two part numbers with no luck.

Now I have two datasheets thanks to you, I can try and cross ref the part numbers to something else I might be able to use.

Best Regards.
Mad Professor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been away from home for a few weeks.

I've been looking around for a HSD965 or 2SD965, The best match I have been able to find so far is a STSA851.

Can anyone tell me if this should do the job?

Thanks for your time.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Professor wrote:
I have been away from home for a few weeks.

I've been looking around for a HSD965 or 2SD965, The best match I have been able to find so far is a STSA851.

Can anyone tell me if this should do the job?

Thanks for your time.

Don't think the gain difference (hfe) matters that much & It should do the job, provided there are no other problems, although pay attention to the difference in package pinouts (EBC)Vs(ECB)---follow it exactly on the board, may have to twist them to match.
Mad Professor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech: Thanks again for your time.

I ordered 10 last night from rswww.com last night, albeing well I should get them today.

I will report back with how I got on.
Mad Professor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my new parts this afternoon, Had to twist the two right pins around on each one to get the pin config right, but that was not a problem.

As I was fitting the new parts I spoted that C6 had pufed up and split, How I did not spot this before I don't know.

So I carried on and fitted the 8 STSA851's, and removed C6, I also removed C7 as it is also connect to the same lines as C6.

So I now need to get two caps, but I must admit I don't know how to read this style of cap.

F .27J
PMD 250V
Mad Professor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just had a quick look on the internet for ".27" and it looks like this is a 2uF 5% 250v Cap.

Can someone please confirm this before I go and order some new ones.

Thanks.
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Professor wrote:
I have just had a quick look on the internet for ".27" and it looks like this is a 2uF 5% 250v Cap.

Can someone please confirm this before I go and order some new ones.

Thanks.

Is it the two blue caps against each other(looks like siliconed together)--definitely the cause of txistors shorting out.
Value/voltage is definitely critical here;based on your posted numbers,
.27 means>> point-two-seven microfard NOT 2 microfarad
250v is working voltage. Ok to use a higher voltage if 250V not available but keep the mf value.
Similar to this
Icey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Same problem help please Reply with quote

basically i have the exact same original problem as you mad professor tv wont turn on from standby, but i am not very techno savy. all these parts are a little daunting. is it likley to be the same faulty parts casuing the problem?if i could definatley solve the problem by buying a whole new power board (as you originally said)i would be happy to do that. how hard would it be to do this? and could somebody point me in the direction of this power board. thankyou
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия