electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung Synchmaster 204b, flashing blue light, sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward L.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Samsung Synchmaster 204b, flashing blue light, sound Reply with quote

Hello.

I came home one day to see my monitor's power light blinking blue. After researching the problem on sites, I tried to see if changing the frequency would fix it. It did not. With the power on, you can see the blue power light flash on/off every 1 sec. The strange part is you can also hear something with the same frequency. The sound is coming from the general direction of the transformer, 2 caps, and a power switch. I replaced the power switch to no avail. I have checked and replaced the fuse onboard.

Update: I disconnected the connector that bridges the psu to the board that controls the lights and the power supply stopped clicking, but kept a constant scream. When reconnected, it repeated it's previous actions.

The good news is that im sure the green board works and the power board "can" work. I am going to replace what look like 2 bad caps, that may be the problem.

If anyone has any ideas on what needs to be replaced, input would be appreciated.

Edward
nick731

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

I've got the same problem. Did you find a fix?
tiny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: power supply board Reply with quote

The 606 diode (heatsinked, to-220 case) has been shot. Replace the blow caps and the 606 chip. Make sure you also check the laydown diodes by pulling up one leg and making sure they are ok.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия