electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
SONY MHC-V515 (kindly requesting assistance)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
riatti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: SONY MHC-V515 (kindly requesting assistance) Reply with quote

Hello. I've got a mini Hi-Fi Sony MHC-V515, but the volume potentiometer is dead! I am kindly requesting from any member to kind of help me with any tips to identify this part, because at the repair shop they're telling me they need the value of this potentiometer! The brand of this potentiometer is "ALPS".
Thank you in advance,
Riat
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: SONY MHC-V515 (kindly requesting assistance) Reply with quote

riatti wrote:
Hello. I've got a mini Hi-Fi Sony MHC-V515, but the volume potentiometer is dead! I am kindly requesting from any member to kind of help me with any tips to identify this part, because at the repair shop they're telling me they need the value of this potentiometer! The brand of this potentiometer is "ALPS".
Thank you in advance,
Riat

If infact a potentiometer, usually there would be some sort of a marking that denotes it's value. Even if there is none, why not just use a meter to measure it's value even if physically broken?
Either way, I happen to have a schematic for HCDV515 which is the amp/videocdplayer/tape/tuner section in model MHC-V515.

Unless you have a different unit all together, in looking at the schematic, there is NO potentiometer for volume control---(volume control/reference number S602) is merely a 3 legged contact switch that increases the volume up/down by grounding data lines 19 or 20 coming from display microprocessor IC601
riatti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: potentiometer for Sony MHC-V515 Reply with quote

Vtech. Hello. First of all thank you for finding time to reply. I found the schematics for it and i identified the part S602 but the repair shop wouldn't sell this part to me. They are asking from me to send the Hi-Fi system to them so that allegedlly they would charge me for opening it only, and that they wouldn't sell the part unless if I don't send it to them.
I am convinced that they don't need the system at all since i know my self what part i need and i can solder it myself because I already desoldered it and noticed that it has a broken part inside. i've sworn that i will identify, find the part and fix it myself and If i have to I willbreak it in tiny pieces but I wont be paying to them only because they wanna rip me off.
Thank you again, Best regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия