electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
toshiba dlp 62hmx95 overheat problem plzzzzzzzzz help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mo Gambino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: toshiba dlp 62hmx95 overheat problem plzzzzzzzzz help Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba DLP 62HMX95. The Tv shuts off after a couple of hours of viewing. then the red LED blinks indicating that it is overheating. if you unplug the TV and plug it back the code is gone and the TV turns on but for like five minutes only. i have to give it a good 10 hour rest for another 2 hours of viewing. I have checked various forums and have come out with these findings.

1. most of these tvs have serious lamp problems..but i dont think that would cause overheating.

2. i have also read that the light engines on these tvs are faulty, the dmd chip heats up and causes it to shut off. in this case the entire light engine needs to be changed.

3. there is a temperature setting which can be adjusted which shuts off the tv and sends it to protection mode. for this i need to know the operating temp. and adjustment procedures.

if any one could plzzz help me with this problem and tell me what this problem is and how do i fix it.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mute, mute, while holding mute for the third time press menu on the front of the set. A blueish S will appear on screen press menu on the remote 'R cut off' will appear in left corner and then press 9 to access diagnostic mode. To exit sut set off. Don't fret, the only real cure is to replace the light engine but, call Toshiba and bitch. They have been covering replacement repairs on out of warr. Andrews has a light engines listed for $500. Takes me 45 minutes to replace it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:39 am    Post subject: self check menu Reply with quote

Thanx Minnie i tried that and it says the bus line and the bus cont is ok. how do i know that it is the light engine for sure and what do i have to change is it the dmd chip heating up or the light engine as a whole.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per toshiba service manual if it is over heating and you can't find anything wrong, you have to swap the light engine/optical assembly. The whole guts. Piece of cake but see if you can get them to flip the bill.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta remember to sigh in! Any ?'s email me.
Mo Gambino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Per toshiba service manual if it is over heating and you can't find anything wrong, you have to swap the light engine/optical assembly. The whole guts. Piece of cake but see if you can get them to flip the bill.

1. Where can i buy this light engine from in Canada.

2. Also is there a temprature adjustment setting that might be set to low and can be turned on to normal which puts the tv in protection mode. I mean for overheating purposes, as the LG's have it.

3. I checked out partsstore.com they have an optical assembly for 500 $ is this what i need to get or can i geta better price some where else.

And Minnie can i get your email address as i dont have it so i cant email you . Thnax
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use [email protected] I'll get you my personal one from there.
There is a temp sensor on top of the lamp cage.
I checked Andrews electronics and $500 is about right. We sell them for I think $460.
Shipping to Canada shouldn't be a problem.
Like I said, call Toshiba and bitch. #'s in back of the owners manual.
I could probably walk you thru the replacement or send you how to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия