electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips #27PT6441/37 will not Turn on!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Philips Reply with quote

hello,

How do you take off the thermistor #3525 ?? Don't want to break anything. Laughing Thanks so much
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts can be gotten from http://www.tritronicsinc.com. You'll probably pay more for shipping than the part. You need a soldering iron, solder, solderwick and or a solder sucker. Wick works better because to wont suck the foil off. Look at where it's soldered in carefully, unsolder it, remove it, look where to insert the new part and solder it back in. Replace the fuse and cure Philips for making crap. If you have a place in town that repairs TV’s they should have it in stock. Remember, this is advice only. When you've done over a hundred of them you see them in your sleep.

Part # 212266300019 Vendor: NAP
USE 212066100025 WAS 212066100025
INVENTORY AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT
You pay: $1.43 EA
Core credit: $0.00
Final price: $ 1.43 EA
dandallon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Here's how I got Phillips' attention Reply with quote

Hi all,
Sorry to write again, but I've got a very useful update... My 27PT6441/37 had the same problem. However, I went to replace the fuse and the old fuse was fine. I put it all back together and the TV worked fine... for about 3 hours, then turned off again. If I left it unplugged overnight, it would work for about 2 hours, then turn off.
I called the repair guy and said my problem was slightly different than what most of you are experiencing (the LCD did 3 short flashes, 2 short flashes, then 1 long flash...apparently this is an error code). Anyways, I got on the Better Business Bureau website and got the contact info for one of the bigwigs at Phillips ([removed], email [removed]), and sent him an email with a link to the reviews for the 27PT6441 on Amazon.com. A copy of the email is attached below. Needless to say, He promptly got the customer service department to authorize the repair and they SENT a guy to our house to fix it on-site. I'm tellin' ya, the squeaky wheel gets the oil!!!

Here's the email, as well as another person you can contact:
Mr. McManis,
I have been a loyal Philips customer for many years, and in keeping with this loyalty, I bought the Philips 27pt6441/37 television last October (2004). Yesterday my TV suddenly stopped working and within minutes of beginning a search online for an explanation, I realized there are hundreds of angry customers with the EXACT same complaint as mine. I have attached a link to the review section on Amazon.com for this product so you can read for yourself the opinions that at least 47 of your once loyal customers now have for your company. I will be adding a 48th tomorrow. We all have had the same problem with our televisions, and we have all subsequently had the same problems with the customer service department blowing off our requests. I'm not a business man, but it is overwhelmingly apparent that there is a defect in the design/manufacturing of the 27pt6441 and that the repair of this product should be covered regardless of warranty status. Usually when a well-respected company has a universal problem like this, they either announce a general recall on the product or establish some procedure by which customers can have defective units repaired.
I hope that this email helps clarify the issue. If needed, I could easily supply the email addresses of hundreds of unhappy customers for your convenience.
Thank you for your time,
Daniel Dallon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/B0002F8UYG/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/002-3238763-6962452?%5Fencoding=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=172282

Diana Agregan
Resolution Owner - Consumer Relations
Philips Consumer Electronics North America
Phone: (866) 845-3578 Ext 4522 | Fax: (845) 432-0426
E-mail: [email protected]
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(the LCD did 3 short flashes, 2 short flashes, then 1 long flash...apparently this is an error code) 27PT6441/37
27PT6441/37 had a crt. That's not an lcd.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Philips won't turn on Reply with quote

I just wanted to tell you that I too emailed that guy. Waiting for a response. Now, what did the repair man do that fixed it? Was it the thermistor? Or was it something else? I have ordered the thermistor for the t.v. and it has been on back order for 3 weeks cause the part is in such high demand. Crying or Very sad But, is that the problem? Cause mine blinks that code too. Please let me know. I can't afford to pay a repair man. And haven't had t.v. for 2 months!! Crying or Very sad And I tried calling philips and all that crap and they gave me know help! Thanks so much

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
minnie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What is the PTC?

? They have the wrong thermistor in it.
Remove thermistor #3523 and install # 2122 6630 0019 into position 3507

Is this what I am supposed to replace cause I have the same problems with mine. It won't turn on I only have had this T.V. for 1 year! I am so mad!! I don't want to take it in and have it fixed cause that would cost to much and I am not under warranty anymore. PLEASE HELP!! And when the T.V. Turns on it shuts right off and then does this blinking code thing. It blinks 3 times then twice then one long blink???? Weird! Please Help Embarassed Sad

You should take it back to the shop and insist they repair it under the Sale of Goods act which doesn't recognise warantees. The act says it should be of Merchandable Quality, be fit for the purpose it's sold and last for a reasonable period - even 2 years is not a reasonable period for a new TV in year 2005 ! If they won't then threaten them with legal action through the small claims court. They'll act then ! I've done it with PCWorld and Parcelforce who damaged a percel and wouldn't pay up.
If you need more advice then ask me. DON'T TAKE IT APART THOUGH ! They could claim you've done damage.
Richard
Richard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Philips problem Reply with quote

Can't understand why people don't use the 'Sale of Goods Act' on items that go wrong within 2 years.
The act says that if it goes wrong within a short period (28 days normally) you can demand your money back. If it goes wrong withing an unreasonable period (could be up to 2/3 years on some items that would be expected to last for a long time) the place you bought it should repair it FREE OF CHARGE. If they won't, you can write to them demanding they do otherwise you will take legal action through the small claim court under the 'Sale Of Goods Act'. Any court will agree with you that it should have lasted longer than the years guarantee - which the Sale of Goods Act doesn't recognise anyway !!
I've done this to PC World recently on a laptop where the battery went duff after 15 months - they settled before it went to court !

Regards,
Richard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips problem Reply with quote

Richard wrote:
Can't understand why people don't use the 'Sale of Goods Act' on items that go wrong within 2 years.
The act says that if it goes wrong within a short period (28 days normally) you can demand your money back. If it goes wrong withing an unreasonable period (could be up to 2/3 years on some items that would be expected to last for a long time) the place you bought it should repair it FREE OF CHARGE. If they won't, you can write to them demanding they do otherwise you will take legal action through the small claim court under the 'Sale Of Goods Act'. Any court will agree with you that it should have lasted longer than the years guarantee - which the Sale of Goods Act doesn't recognise anyway !!
I've done this to PC World recently on a laptop where the battery went duff after 15 months - they settled before it went to court !

Regards,
Richard

Okay I see I am not the only one with the problem with a philips t.v. So, I would like your help Richard.
I bought my t.v. at Target the store. They won't fix it?? But, I want to do what you said. Can I take it to a repair shop and tell them to fix it under the Sales of Good Act?? Let me know and I will do what you said anything to fix my t.v.!! Thank you so so so so much!!! Very Happy

Ed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: ptc Reply with quote

for one thing in your set it isn't part 3507 its 3523 and its a small white square part next to where the deguassing coil plugs in and your part # is 232266296753 you can order the part from Tritronics or Herman Panson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. So I need to order this part number 232266296753??
And put it in 3523 where the white one was?? Please let me know thank you so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия