electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips #27PT6441/37 will not Turn on!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddfontaine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Sale of Goods Act... Reply with quote

Is the Sale of Goods Act a US act or UK / Canada only?

Thanks,
Darren
Unknown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Canadain/UK only

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
minnie wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
What is the PTC?

? They have the wrong thermistor in it.
Remove thermistor #3523 and install # 2122 6630 0019 into position 3507

Is this what I am supposed to replace cause I have the same problems with mine. It won't turn on I only have had this T.V. for 1 year! I am so mad!! I don't want to take it in and have it fixed cause that would cost to much and I am not under warranty anymore. PLEASE HELP!! And when the T.V. Turns on it shuts right off and then does this blinking code thing. It blinks 3 times then twice then one long blink???? Weird! Please Help Embarassed Sad

Your problem is not a defective PTC and fuse. With a defective PTC, the fuse blows and the set is dead. It won't do anything. Sounds like a horizontal deflection problem, in your case. Not a repair for a do-it-yourselfer. By the way, $125.00 labor for replacing a PTC and fuse is too much money, no matter the tech. $75.00 is more like it. As far as "the poor college student" goes (in a previous post), you must be pretty well off, because I and/or my finally didn't have the means to send me to college.
wings515

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: 27PT6441/37 Turn ON Reply with quote

I posted last week that I replaced the Thermistor and the set still had the 3-2-1 code and did not turn ON. I did a search on the Chassis Number and low and behold there is a 'repair' kit for this problem! It appears there are about 20-25 models that use this same chassis and have this similar problem. The repair kit is P/N 483531057673. It costs $13.65 including shipping from Tritronics.
The kit includes a Driver Transformer, a 1K resistor (they sent 1.2K) a selection of 2 watt resistors depending on the CRT size and a SMD FET. All but the FET are easily replaced. Those who have had little experience replacing SMD's should take heart. This is a very very small device. A very small tip soldering iron and magnifying glass are required.
After installation the set returned to 'like new' condition.
The SMD is located on the bottom of the PC board, so you have to do a good inspection to locate it. The resistors and transformer are easily located. Good luck!
6441sucks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Same problem here Reply with quote

I had my 6441 for 1 year and 2 weeks and the tv would not power on. I did not get any green light at all. No sound (hi-voltage) or anything.

I checked the fuse and it was blown. I got another 4amp 250V fuse and put it in. I turned the tv on and the green light came on and then the tv shut off. It would not turn on at all again. It went right back to the same problem. I called Philips and got a huge run around, so I decided that I was either going to fix it or fry it. I could care less if I destroyed it because I was ready to drag it out to the curb and go buy a REAL tv.

I went to The Source and bought a 5amp/250V fuse and also a 6.3amp/250V fuse. I put in the 5amp and the TV works perftectly again. I guess my new tv will have to wait just a little longer.

Apparently if your tv is competely dead and replacing the fuse just blows it again, go and get a 5amp fuse and install that. It worked for me.

Philips is the absolute worst company I have ever dealt with and the also provide the worst gargabe products out there. Stay away from anything Philips.
rkeshavr

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Philips sucks - Fuse Issue Reply with quote

Thanks one and all for the great information abt the fuse issue in Philips #27PT6441/37. Very Happy

Philips sucks and I am not going to buy it ever again. I will also demotivate other from doing so. Sad

Any way..... After opening the TV, I saw the old fuse from the TV. It had a thin wire in it. I was expecting the wire to be fused but the thin wire was still there in the glass fuse. I assumed that my TV had different issue. BUt when I compared the old fuse with the new fuse(Radioshack 4Amp 250V slow blow) I learnt the difference. The new fuse had a small thick lump in the center of the thin wire inside the fuse. Where as in my old fuse it dint. So i conculded that the fuse had blown off. I just replace the old fuse with the new one and my TV started in jiffy. Laughing
Thanks once again Every once.

Philips sucks!!! Sad
dude20056

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: tv Reply with quote

i replaced with a 4amp 250 slow burn and it fixed my no power problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия