electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Self tuning guitar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crocklip

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Self tuning guitar Reply with quote

Hi,

This may be a little obscure, but For a college project I am designing a self tuning guitar based on frequency detection of each string. I will use six hs-422 Hi-tec servos mounted in the body to adjust the tension of each string according to its frequency error.
I have checked that the torque associated with the servos match and exceed that required to adjust the string tesion.
Considering I am just in the planning stage of design I haven't quite figured out where to start!
The direction of a servo arm depends on the pulse width of an input signal sent via a conrol input.

Initially I need to design a frequency detection system that will determine the frequency of a string (perhaps after the string is struck). This frequency then needs to be compared with a set variable frequency. the difference between the two should then be used to send a signal to the control input of the servo and "tell" it to either increase or decrease the tension of the string according to the difference found.

I know this project will provide me with hours of fun (and stress probably), as my interests are in music and electronics! I have designed and built guitar pedals in the past and this project would serve as the proverbial icing on the cake.

Any help with any aspect of the project would be hugely appreciated as I hope to get stuck in as soon as possible!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, why don't you buy a cheap tuner & use it as the referance & error feed bck. then all you will have to work on is the mechanics & drive for the machine heads. some of the bridges have fine tuning for the strings mounted on them which might be easier than trying to run electronics to the head stock. good idear though ,hope you get it going .cheers tim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия