electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Goodmans GTV42P3 42" Plasma TV - Power Board Repair
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old B,

If you take a little time to look at the diagram, you will see that by taking Q101 and (surely meant Q102 instead of Q202), he has simply taken out and disabled the "pre-regulator" circuit. That is EXACTLY why he sees the pixelating effect/ Blk/Wht. during a scene change. (remember picture bowing in/out with analog sets when there was a regulator problem?)

Unit will indeed operate and the remaining stage will attempt to compensate---only not at full regulation that is designed for. There is no magic here my friend! Basic ohms law and Voltage regulation 101.
Old Bassid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply to vtech- re Mad Perfessor. Reply with quote

Well vtech, I ain,t got the circuit- I tried to download it but gave up(Iam on dialup-2kB/s). any way, last night I started to think about it- I had forgotten that Mad is probably on 110-120v(here is 240v only)- & so it would be possible to use mains input in lieu of regulator- but really why would one bother?- the risk of damage to rest of set- I certainly would'n't- any way an apology to Mad- seems he really IS a Perfessor!.
joe3666

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to vtech- re Mad Perfessor. Reply with quote

Old Bassid wrote:
Well vtech, I ain,t got the circuit- I tried to download it but gave up(Iam on dialup-2kB/s). any way, last night I started to think about it- I had forgottel en that Mad is probably on 110-120v(here is 240v only)- & so it would be possible to use mains input in lieu of regulator- but really why would one bother?- the risk of damage to rest of set- I certainly would'n't- any way an apology to Mad- seems he really IS a Perfessor!.
well after all they say replace the complete panel after all! but fook that defy the twats!! that say it aint repairable but it is Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
RobCX3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! I'm currently troubleshooting a similiar chassis on the component level and find your posts very helpful as I'm unable to locate schematics for this model. Old Bassid is the one who needs to quit wasting posters' time with useless opinions. Thanks again, Mad Professor!
alain28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also many thanks "MAD PROFESSOR" for report.
(+ world community)
I am trying to fix a unit with R102 & R103 with trouble.
(PCB is burnt under, one resistor cutted)
Here in france I have collected with mine 3 examples.
I will report soon.

France
Dr.Mentalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@MAD PROFESSOR
Did replacing these dead parts work?
I am working on a GTV42P4 plasma with LG V6 parts. I found a problem with the goodmans psu (3501Q00055A) which is a similar pcb, dead with the EXACT observations in your first post. Two blown resistors and short across the rectifier (exactly the same part numbers) ect. I dont know weather to get a replacement board or replacement parts (both expensive). So If you could tell me if this is a good fix, it would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks Very Happy
Mad Professor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I replaced all 5 of the parts listed in post #1 the unit now works again.

The only problem is that i still get the multicoloured pixels when theres fast movement to you are in the menu's, I can live with it.
I just don't have the time to hunt for the problem.
Dr.Mentalist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mad Professor!
Just took out the parts to test them but it seems that one of the 20N60C3 is giving a low reading but functions. One 11N80C3 is dead short and another does not functin properly. The diode seems fine.
I had a hunt around in the area but can't find any more faults. One strange thing is that by each mosfet, there is a place for a thru hole diode but no component in there? Maybe it is supposed to be like this or the factory forgot to put them in?
I will replace these parts along with the resistors and report back.
Thanks
mickevans

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Goodmans GTVL19W17HDF Reply with quote

:cry:

Hello, I have a Goodmans GTVL19W17HDF thats sick. Initally it was an intermitent problem failing to start up the TV , standby light on but dim. I took it to the repair shop but they told me they cannot get a New board thats needed to power up the set.

Can anyone please help the set is almost new but I dont have any Guarantee..

Ideas, drawings, part numbers and where to obtain them would be great.

Many thanks in advance
polarbear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Goodmans GTVL19W17HDF Reply with quote

mickevans wrote:
Crying or Very sad

Hello, I have a Goodmans GTVL19W17HDF thats sick. Initally it was an intermitent problem failing to start up the TV , standby light on but dim. I took it to the repair shop but they told me they cannot get a New board thats needed to power up the set.

Can anyone please help the set is almost new but I dont have any Guarantee..

Ideas, drawings, part numbers and where to obtain them would be great.

Many thanks in advance

Hi . . I had a similar problem with this set, the fault turned out to simply be a faulty fuse on the power supply board . . The fuse is a T5A and powers the standby output from this board . . It had not blown but had a dry jointed lead at one end causing the fuse to measure several ohms. This in turn drops the voltage to the standby output and would cause a dim standby light, or in my case no light at all ! . . Replacing this fuse with the same type may be all that is required . . This fault appears to me to be a manufacturing problem, and should really be addressed by Goodmans. . . Good Luck !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия