electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Very Quiet sound on left Channel? Harmon/Kardon hk 340

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Driven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Very Quiet sound on left Channel? Harmon/Kardon hk 340 Reply with quote

I have a somewhat old Harmon/Kardon receiver, and though it plays fine over the right channel, any speakers hooked up to either of the right channels play very quiet.

Is there some fixable reason behind this? If so, what can I do? I've had this for years and I really want to see it in top shape again.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops... I meant anything on the right channel works fine, but anything on the left channel does not work properly.
faroutearth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: I have the same issue!!! Reply with quote

I have that same issue. Even if i switch the system input it is the same deal. I have tried in vain to clean it out with air, but nothing seems to work.
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circa 1979..that is an oldie, Not sure if compressed air is going to do anything. Contact cleaner such as Cramolin spray or similar would work on switch/potentiometers--(if that is the issue?)

You may have anything from a bad connection, dirty switch contact or something like dried up capacitor(s) issue.
Come to think of it, if I am not mistaking, on that unit, the output signal to the speakers was first routed through the headphone jack that could cause output problems.

If you using a headphone, do you still get a low channel?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия