electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Denon DCD 1500 II will not open

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Denon DCD 1500 II will not open Reply with quote

First off, hi everyone, this looks like THE place for electronic info:) A while ago I was given a Denon DCD 1500 II. It weighs a ton, and with me being old school, that tells me that its probably pretty well made. Its been sitting in my closet until the other day when my old Sony CD player bit the dust. I dragged out the old girl, it lit up, all the lights seem to work, but the CD tray will not open. When I hit the open switch I hear something running for a couple of seconds, but the tray does not open. Can anyone give me some insight as to what might be wrong? If its not an easy fix, any recommendations on who works on these? What other problems might a 20 year old high end unitl like this have? Is it worth fixing? And relating to all the above, where can I get parts for this machine? Thanks everybody!
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were the days of Denon being Nippon America...
Problem with the door is just a slipping belt. That was one of the better machines. You could probably still find some parts, just not sure how much and to what extent?... From what I recall, it used one or two rather thick loading belts that you could sometimes take out, clean & reuse(of course depending on how bad it was). ....you may have to access it from the bottom of the unit/or the whole mechanism if I remember correctly?Also I believe there was some sort of change in loading motor that supposedly fixed the recurring belt problem though I never tried.

About the only other thing was the laser pickup that may loose it's tracking ability after certain time ( due to lense dropping). Sometime you could squeeze a bit more life by slightly increasing track/focus gain & sometimes had to replace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия