electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Soundtracs Mixing board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
floorrumbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Soundtracs Mixing board Reply with quote

Hi I just picked up an older Soundtracs Solo 24- channel mixing board.
Everything works on it but I did notice a stronger than normal "electrical" smell emitting from it. I operated it for over a half hour non-stop and nothing seemed to be effected other than the smell. Any ideas or suggestions as to what it could be?
Thanks!
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Soundtracs mixing board Reply with quote

Define "electrical" (smell of a charring P.C. board?, resistor?, transformer?, something that spilled into the unit?).

Something overheating - most like likely in power supply area.

Open unit (first visually look for signs of something overheating) and then allow to operate (if possible). Try to locate hottest components/areas. Front (or back) of a finger is one way to do this (keep your other hand in pocket). Lightly touch BODY of suspect component - not wire leads. Of course, if you have an infrared camera or "point and read" electronic thermometer, even better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия