electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
pioneer pro 119 converg. board resistor R2604

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madman666333

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: pioneer pro 119 converg. board resistor R2604 Reply with quote

this is a solid white resistor thats marked as a 2.2 ohm-J and is reading at 1.3 ohm. i want to replace it but am not sure what the wattage is. what does "J" stand for? i have 2.2 ohm 2 watt but not sure if it will work. also the resistor has its value printed on it not color coded.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J does not denote wattage or anything specific for that matter. What is the exact physical size of the "white" resistor or better yet can you post a picture of it sitting on the board?
madman666333

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: here is the pic. its the center one. Reply with quote

[/img]
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you could use a 2 watt in place of it, it would be underrated and it looks more like a 3 watt resistor which may be harder to find.

Something for you to know that in general, if available to compare, you can always use other resistors in vicinity as a gauge to guesstimate the wattage. In this case, the blue one(1.8ohm) just below is a good example.

After dealing around components for a while, it will get a lot easier to determine wattage by looking at the physical size.

BUT I will also add that in practice, especially with power resistors, the fluctuation of a few ohms in resistance are not that critical as the inherent tolerances pretty much negates that. After all, the main purpose of a low-value,power resistor is more like "heavier fusible protection" aimed for it's supply line.
madman666333

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i thought it might be a 3 watt since the blue one is of equal size and is a 3 watt but i was not sure since there was a "j" instead. thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия