electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Rar files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ivtec

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Rar files Reply with quote

have windows xp, and i have a few Cd's with electronic schematics that I've downloaded from the Internet site,but they are compressed so i need Rar filles i one time downloaded the 3.8 rar files trial from Rar lab they worked great, now it works no more,it says that i have to pay,now i don't mine to pay but i don't trust much these sites, i tried with the LABRAR everything went smooth on the order form til a saw a form from my bank which i had to feel out with my visa card # and name again, they said that was for security purpose, i 've found that strange because i ordered many times and i never had to do this way,so i did not order from there,do you know any trustworthy site where i can order a CD with this rar files, also this place on e-bay sells this billow is this any good for windows XP,or is there something simlar that i can get,thanks in advance.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=rar+files&_sacat=See-All-Categories
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Rar files Reply with quote

ivtec wrote:
have windows xp, and i have a few Cd's with electronic schematics that I've downloaded from the Internet site,but they are compressed so i need Rar filles i one time downloaded the 3.8 rar files trial from Rar lab they worked great, now it works no more,it says that i have to pay,now i don't mine to pay but i don't trust much these sites, i tried with the LABRAR everything went smooth on the order form til a saw a form from my bank which i had to feel out with my visa card # and name again, they said that was for security purpose, i 've found that strange because i ordered many times and i never had to do this way,so i did not order from there,do you know any trustworthy site where i can order a CD with this rar files, also this place on e-bay sells this billow is this any good for windows XP,or is there something simlar that i can get,thanks in advance.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=rar+files&_sacat=See-All-Categories

A bit of search goes a long way my friend;
DON'T let anyone sell you the "7Zip" --while it is an excellent open source software, you can get it for FREE, it also happens to support RAR format among many others. Smile
ivtec

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Rar files Reply with quote

ivtec wrote:

Thank You my Friend.what 's the difference between 7zip and 3.8rar? and is this a trustworthy site? no virus attached to it? it.s my fears.
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winrar happens to be a shareware and 7zip is a freeware that is a lot more flexible. Neither one of these sites have anything to do with viruses and why should they?
Suggest doing a little research about "getting a virus" and how to avoid it &If you are so worried about "viruses", make sure to install a virus software and scan each and every file before opening--there is no need to be overly cautious about ordinary sites.
slim69

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: 7zip Rules Reply with quote

Hello, I use 7zip all day and night and it's brilliant
Good Luck
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: 7zip Rules Reply with quote

slim69 wrote:
Good Luck
Thanks

I 'm trying to open a schematics that i downloaded from the website and i downloaded the rar files 3.8 and also the Zip and still can't open nothing, even the CD when i try to open it says, even off line, it says this files are not free and shows me where i have to go to get them, it's weird.
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: 7zip Rules Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
slim69 wrote:
Good Luck
Thanks

I 'm trying to open a schematics that i downloaded from the website and i downloaded the rar files 3.8 and also the Zip and still can't open nothing, even the CD when i try to open it says, even off line, it says this files are not free and shows me where i have to go to get them, it's weird.

Nothing is weird here; sounds like your computer is associated with the Winrar & you are still trying to open the rar files with Winrar----either remove it completely OR unregister the rar extension OR use the "open with" dialog to open it with 7zip.
Only thing you can NOT do wth 7zip is to create RAR files, reading them is no problem.
ivtec

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, i solved the problem by I'm not sure what the cure was but i made recovery hd, and upgrade from winxp sp1 to sp2,and Sp 3 and upgraded the Adobe Acrobat from 6 to 9,and downloaded the winrar 3.8 and everything is fine now,thanks and Merry Christmas everybody.and be aware of OSTER Stuff.reed this Forum.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t514347-fans_not_working
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия