electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Plasma TV repair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveyd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Plasma TV repair Reply with quote

I have a 3yr old Viore 42" EDTV Plasma PDP4210EA. On every input, S-video, Component, etc the colors are really screwed up.

I have a Direct DVR hooked up to S-video and the whites are completely washed out almost like the brightness is turned all the way up.

On Comp1 I have a DVD player and Comp2 I have a Wii. It is just the opposite on those. It's like there are no whites at all and everything is barely visible.

I reset everything to factory settings and its still the same. It was kinda funny, before I did the reset, some of the color settings said they were up +240 or -180 whereas the scale for adjusting them only goes to plus or minus 25

Talking to one guy he said I might need a new YSUS board. I found one on Ebay. Are they difficult to install? What about an XSUS board?
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y sustain does the majority of the video processing. Y is the likely candidate. How much for the board?
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Screwed up Reply with quote

Could have corrupted EEPROM (where settings for bright, color, etc.) are stored.

Have you tried resetting by unplugging set from power outlet for at least 30 seconds (5 minutes is better)?
daveyd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the YSYS board on ebay for $120. I'm sure the TV isnt worth much now anyways so I figured I'd buy the part and if it isn't hard, I'd replace it myself.

There are not too many Plasma repair shops close to me. I want to try and find out the issue before dropping 120 on a board and it not fix the issue

The issue happen when my wife unplugged the surge protector that the TV was plugged into. We were listening to songs on a CD through the DVD player hooked up to Comp1. When she plugged the surge protector back in, the TV didnt come back on. I unplugged it and it cam back on but everythign was in Black and White

I did a reset through the remote control and got color back but now everything is like I mentioned above

I just plugged the TV back in after sitting unplugged for 3 days and its still the same
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Could still be corrupted Reply with quote

daveyd "... It was kinda funny, before I did the reset, some of the color settings said they were up +240 or -180 whereas the scale for adjusting them only goes to plus or minus 25 ..."

JTS1957 "Could have corrupted EEPROM (where settings for bright, color, etc.) are stored."

Were/are menu items all present and working normally again?
Did "resetting through remote" return just customer menu items to normal? (or did it "reinitialize" whole EEPROM?) Most service adjustment settings are stored in there too.
EEPROMS are much less than $120.
Only when the new suspect part has been installed and set is 100% working can anybody (even professionals) be sure.
daveyd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Could still be corrupted Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
daveyd "... It was kinda funny, before I did the reset, some of the color settings said they were up +240 or -180 whereas the scale for adjusting them only goes to plus or minus 25 ..."

JTS1957 "Could have corrupted EEPROM (where settings for bright, color, etc.) are stored."

Were/are menu items all present and working normally again?
Did "resetting through remote" return just customer menu items to normal? (or did it "reinitialize" whole EEPROM?) Most service adjustment settings are stored in there too.
EEPROMS are much less than $120.
Only when the new suspect part has been installed and set is 100% working can anybody (even professionals) be sure.

After resetting through the remote, all menu items were "normal" again. Adjusting the colors were available with normal increments instead of being able to adjust items to +250 like before the reset.
daveyd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, should I purchase a YSUS board? Are they difficult to replace?
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: are they difficult to replace Reply with quote

Unplug all plugs, remove screw(s), remove board from unit...
Put new board in unit, secure with screw(s). plug in connectors.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy the board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия