electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
AIWA NSX 999MKII - NO POWER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trisha01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: AIWA NSX 999MKII - NO POWER Reply with quote

Hi, my Aiwa does not turn on. Few lights come on. Pwr button does not turn on unit. Nothing on display incl clock. Please help. Crying or Very sad
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: AIWA NSX 999MKII - NO POWER Reply with quote

Check fuses?
LJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be short circuit at regulator output, try to disconnect power amplifier then turn it on again, if your Aiwa can turn on, you must replace the amp IC.
trisha01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: AIWA NSX 999MKII - NO POWER Reply with quote

Checked fuses, all ok. I should give you the background story. The front panel was dull so was trying to fix. Being not a very technical person, I touched 5v to 86v A/C coming out of transformer and the whole system went off. I have the diagram but do not know where to start from. Electronics is my hobby and interests me alot. If you could please guide me and what to look for would be much appreciated. Thanks alot.
LJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check 5v regulator, make sure the 5v supplied to micro ic at front panel, if you have oscilloscope check clock signal from micro, if there's no signal at all, you must replace micro first, it could be more than 1 component damage specially connected to 5vdc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия