electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Bush ws6671sil - 11AK19Pro chassis - Help needed!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
absorbentgnome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newsflash: TV IS FIXED!!! yay!

There was a hairline crack on the HOT emitter pad from changing the HOT so many times that put a 5 ohm resistance into the circuit. Resoldering it, making sure the crack was closed fixed the set!!!!!

All that was wrong with it was D817 that was faulty but measured ok. I've been chasing faults all over the place - but its taught me to exhaustively check parts and use your brain before ordering bits.

Stick that in yer database!
sheldonstv

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: ak19 Reply with quote

Very Happy firstl check the 2,2 ohms fusible for oc,(ew circuit),check c630 for being oc..............have you got flback with a bright raster????????check the rgb chips fusible resistor (on crt pcb) and you may have to change the rgb ic.
I have had line collapse due to an oc scan coupling capacitor!!!!!!!!
Check the soldering around all inuctors in line stage,and check the soldering on the wire links that earth the emmitter of the line op transistor for dry joints,that will intermittently destroy the line op transister!!!
Also check the soldering around the flyback tuning capacitor(line transistors collector) or you will have another faulty line transistor...
lifting d818 is a way of testing the smps for regulation as it should come straight on....disconnect the line stage by removing the inductor just behind the lopt,load the supply with a lamp and check your voltages.
Sometimes the red led will go green but you have no line due to a faulty jungle ic(five volt reg will get hot.
you can also remove the memory ic to see if a set stuck in standby will come on(if memory ic is corrupt!),also the micro can be sc which will cook the five volt reg.
I have had many a battle with these ak19 chassis,they are fairly easy to work on once you have done a few.
regards mike
[email protected]
absorbentgnome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Mike!
After fixing this bugger of a tv set I feel like i'm getting a hang of the workings of this chassis!
In this set most of the fusibles are wire links. There's only one or two fusibles per section. (phew). The set works perfectly now - i was ecstatic earlier after getting a proper picture on it. Spent about £30 on spares that i didn't actually need, but hey this TV was out of a skip so still a bonus!
See you around here soon, I've always got plenty of stuff to fix. The next delight is a digital camera that's a bitch to dismantle with plenty of horrible organic flexible connectors with 'one time' connectors on. Crying or Very sad
Cheers,
Dan.
(Is there a way to add repair tips? I can see the file upload section, but haven't been able to find a way to add this repair to the database.)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия