electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
panasonic microwave nn-s262bf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mnferguson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: panasonic microwave nn-s262bf Reply with quote

I have a Panasonic over-the-range microwave model # nn-s262bf . The light over the range has stopped working. The light bulbs are good, There seems to be no power when the light switch is pressed. Everything else works perfectly normal. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so can you suggest a fix? Can I repair it myself? Thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Microwave Reply with quote

1) Is there any "click" as you try to cycle the light on and off?
There should be a wiring diagram pasted somewhere inside oven / cover.
It should show your "Range" light on it.
I need to know what each end connects to. (For example: one side connects to one side of power line and the other goes to a relay on control board).
mnferguson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: panasonic microwave nn-s262bf Reply with quote

Thanks JTS1957 for your response. The problem I described was in error. Apparently my wife removed the bulbs because they were staying on constantly. So that's the problem I'm having. The light remains on ( high intensity ) even when the switch on the control pad is pressed. The switch appears to be working correctly as it beeps when depressed as all others do.
I removed the control pad looking for a schematic as you suggest but could not see one. On the circuit board, however, is a white connector with 3 wires coming out ( black, pink, and blue ) which run to the light area ( cannot access without dismantling the entire microwave ). Not sure if the blue wire runs to the light as well. On the circuit board, immediately under the white connector, is square black resistor ( or such ) with no wires attached, labeled as lamp. There are other black squares labeled as fan, etc in the same area of the circuit board in an area labeled High Voltage. Sorry my knowledge of circuit boards is very limited. Hope this gives a better idea of the problem.
could this be something I can fix myself?
Thanks again for any help you can give.
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Microwave Reply with quote

To get to the wiring diagram, you will most likely have to take oven down and remove the top cover.
Square black "resistors," as you call them, are probably Relays. The one for the lamp could have contacts "welded" together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия