electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Something "Fried"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhhowell

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Something "Fried" Reply with quote

Hi All:
It's too lengthy to get into "how it happened", but 220 volts was applied to a recepticle that a 32" JVC TV was plugged in to. The set was not "on", but I now have nothing. Is there a fuse inside the cabinet? Would the over-current blown the on/off switch? How much do you think was destroyed?
Thanks,
Jim
jts1957

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: 220v ?MODEL No.? Reply with quote

Yes, there should be a fuse inside.
You'll need to check Standby power supply (at least). Everything between the AC Plug and this side of any Manual (Vacation) switch or relay contact.
On-Off switch should be isolated.

As much as I can say without set's model number.
jhhowell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Something "Fried" Reply with quote

jts1957...Thanks for the reply. Some of the info I provided in the original post was incorrect. The TV is a Zenith, purchased in 1998. Requested Info is as follows:
Model No. A27A23W
Serial No. 821-44430030
I have not opened the set yet, but I did look at an air conditioner that was also damaged and there was a 250V, 3.7A fuse that was blown. Replaced it and it now works fine. The TV and a computer are the only things I want to try to fix. What caused all of the damage was when I had my Mom's house upgraded (100 Amp to 200 Amp service) the electrician didn't check the power arrangement in the detached garage and the way my Pop, God rest his soul, wired the garage, we ended up with 120V applied to the hot buss and 120V also applied to the neutral buss. What do you get other that a lot of "broken" equipment...is 240V at the plug. Hopefully I can get it all working again.
Thanks again,
Jim
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Zenith Reply with quote

According to service manual ... AC Input to raw B-plus ... check the following:
FX3401 AC Fuse
LX3401 Line choke
RX3401 Resistor
DX3401 thru DX3404 Bridge diodes
KX3401 Relay
Lastly CX3407 Main B-Plus Filter Lytic

Have fun Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957,
I forgot to thank you for your advise. The first place you said to look was the fuse...and that was it. Works like new!
Thanks again,
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия