electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha DVD-C750 Tray Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Yamaha DVD-C750 Tray Problem Reply with quote

I've read that these units had tray issues in their 2007 units. I have a friend who says the unit keeps reporting tray open and won't run, though it has closed. This sounds like a sensor problem to me, what I'm wondering is have many others had this problem and if so what exactly is the fix.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Exactly Reply with quote

One of three possibilities - Bad belt, switch or sensor. Of course if the mechanism is "out of time" or unit has a broken "part"...
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDC750 was actually made by Philips for Yamaha--probably one of the least relaible as far as the transport mechanism. Not a complicated mechanism but rather easy for the tray to become misaligned. Just one round planetary gear that has to be timed properly with the tray gear rack.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model Philips would it be, maybe I can find specific info using that model.

When it is a sensor, is it a cleanliness issue or has it gone bad?

Any easy hints to provide? I'm giving this guy long distance advice and he is not technically apt, but at this point he doesn't have anything to lose.
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure of that model number and not a DVD-S750?

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия