electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
aux input & output

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phubb18281

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: aux input & output Reply with quote

I believe the aux output on my TV blew the inputs on my surround sound system. How do I check and or repair the audio in on the reciever and the output on the TV?
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make and model number?

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the receiver work on any other Function? Radio / CD, etc.?
phubb18281

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reciever Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Does the receiver work on any other Function? Radio / CD, etc.?

Yes, It has 3 Aux inputs. 2 are blown. Everthing else works great. The reciever is a 500 Watt Radioshack Dolby 5.1 surround unit.
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Radio / CD, etc. ALL work ... Your receiver is fine.
To confirm, take one of your working inputs (for example your CD player), unplug both the CD and TV and "swap" the inputs. If the CD player works on BOTH "Functions" (and the TV does NOT work on either "Function"), the receiver is fine and you only need to troubleshoot TV.
phubb18281

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Audio Inputs/outputs Reply with quote

When I ise the reciever and hook up any aux input (ie: CD Player, DVD player, Video Game, VCR) top the aux inputs i get the audio on Aux 3 but Aux 1 & 2 are dead. First I put the audio outputs from the TV to Aux 1. It worked foir a second then blew. Then I moved to Aux 2. It worked for a second then blew. I suspect that the TV is putting out too much amperage and or voltage and taking out the Aux Inputes. Is this possible? If yes are the inputs protected with a fuse diode or something else that can be replaced. If the TV providing too much out put how do I test it and or repair it. I am afraid to hook the TV out put to any other amps because I suspect it will just continue to damage whatever I hook it up to.
LJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe your TV audio output come as a dc volt that can blew your aux circuit, if you have oscilloscope, measure TV audio output it must be an audio waveform with out dc voltage, if there is dc voltage you should repair your TV first.
And your surround equipment can be repair, usually the circuit use a kind of pre-amp circuit and digital switch system, and maybe your TV blew the pre-amp circuit.
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"First I put the audio outputs from the TV to Aux 1."

I presume you're talking "line level" or "variable" - up to line level - audio output (NOT "speaker" level) Question Question
phubb18281

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Aux inputs Reply with quote

Thank you very much. It sounds like I will need to take both units to an electronics repair shop. I thought maybe I could check it with a digital multi-tester.

Transpoting the reciever is no problem but moving a 36" tube TV is a real pain.

Oh well!

Thanks Again for posting!
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: let's start over Reply with quote

Did the two units ever work well together, or this is the first time you've tryed to connect this TV to this receiver?

As far as a 36" TV being a pain to transport ... use the reverse of how it came to be in your home. You may have to hire someone to transport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия