electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
denon udm3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fatz2000

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: UDM3 FIXED!!!! Located PR003 and replaced Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy FIXED!

I thought my denon UD-M3 was ready for the bin (no cd eject problem), but I emailed some chap who sold one on ebay with this fault - he said it was a fuse somewhere too.

Took my unit apart, and I mean apart. All the boards out etc. The previous post regarding the PR003 is spot on. These are fusable links, they look like brown resistors with only a number. In this case 500 (ma).
Mine was open circuit as expected.

The location of PR003 is on the underside of the main board. As you dont have to remove the failed component - you can solder a new fuse on the topside.

CHECK YOURS IS OPEN CIRCUIT FIRST. I did this whilst the component was on board since it should be a short circuit.

My pictures have expired, use this link from poster fredleon
http://www.silsdenweb.co.uk/denon/

Heres are piccys of my fuse in place. You can see the PR003 markings on the top side of the board.

I've used a fast blow 500 milli-amp fuse (40 pence each), and the unit is working fine now.

Obviously do all of this at your own risk!!

Last edited by fatz2000 on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:15 pm; edited 5 times in total
matt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: UD-M3 CD EJECT FAULT Reply with quote

hello fatz2000! i have the same unit with an indentical fault. the pictures that you posted were brilliant. i was just wondering if you had any more? cos im a little frightened of taking it apart because it looks quite complex. more piccies or advice on how to take it apart would be greatly appreciated. thanks. matt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear fatz2000
Just wanted to say that thanks to your pictures I have now found the elusive PR003 fuse link and fixed the problem. A big thank you. You're a
star.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one, after 2years of no cd player we're now up and running again.it was quite a simple job to do too thanks to your help. cheers.
joe1299

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: well done Reply with quote

Bloody marvellous, this is the solution to many peoples problems. Well done guys.
DodsRoberts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Denon UD-M3 Reply with quote

Hi there.
Guess What, my Dad has the same problem as every one else, I have been given the task of solving it, I am an Electronics Diagnostic engineer working in Rugby, I will gladly give this information away for free when I find it, if you have any questions or answers you can contact me at
[email protected]
Steve
selectron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: denon udm3 Reply with quote

cp 1003 is located under cd mech/can be replaced on pc side tosave removing pcb
BIG 'E

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Denon cd draw failing to open on ud-m3 Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Smiles all round.Many thanks fatz 2000 for taking the time and effort to supply the data in such great detail. The cd tray problem after 10 weeks of investigating as now been resolved by just following your instructions.
A very happy bunny now. Your a one in a million.

Eric.
malcolmupinsmoke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Same problem with the CD drawer. Followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.

I actually installed the 20mm fast blow fuse in a fuse holder to the left of the CD drawer, just underneath the top cover. If it were ever to blow again, a very easy job to replace without removing the CD mechanism...

Thanks very much indeed!

Very happy me
Very Happy

Malcolm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem as you all have been describing. Sad

Did anyone find a fix for this yet?
Please post if you have more information.
Thx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия