electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
denon udm3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
james10s

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Denon UD-M3 playback problem Reply with quote

Anyone help. My Denon UD-M3 is not able to play commercial music CDs. It skips, repeats a section continuously, freezes, etc. In desperation, I've tried a high-quality cleaner to no avail. Anyone with instructions/suggestions on how to replace/repair the CD drive? Thanks.
confudler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Another satisfied repairer (almost) Reply with quote

Don't know what inspired me to find a fix today but this one was easily found and worked.

I first tried to leave the fuse on top of the pcb (wrapped in insulating tape natch) but this interferes with the mechanism (the upper pcb drops down on it when the drawer opens) so I put it at the side.

I do now have the same problem as an earlier user - the cd skips unless the player is propped up on one side. I think its the cables to my fuse causing the cd mechanism to be not horizontal (the cd makes noises as if it is rotating wonkily). Will open up the box again and if necessary, make a notch for the cables.
JonB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Another ud-m3 fixed Reply with quote

O the satisfaction! Now hypnotised by the CD drawer going in and out and sound out of the speakers was a bonus. Only 2 screws left after re assembly, which for me is a result! Proof that anyone can do this fix. Thank you.
GPC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Denon UD M3 Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, I fixed my bothers unit no problem. Then I decided to buy myself one off ebay with the same fault........not so great ! Fitted fuse / fuse holder, and the tray is now powered up.
But.... the tray opens as it should, press close and it closes, the carriage moves up then moves down and tray opens by itself.
The cd drive motor is not turning and the tray needs a little push to close the last few m/m.

Any ideas gratefully considered.

Cheers everybody.
Stu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: UDM3 FIXED!!!! Located PR003 and replaced Reply with quote

Hi
I cant access the links to the pictures. Could someone re-post images please?

Cheers
GPC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: PR003 Location Reply with quote

I couldn't open the pics either, but from memory,
1. Remove the cover.
2. With the control panel facing you reove hte 4 screws holding the cd mechanism in place, although the wires are still attached this can then be moved will the right.
3. PR003 is in the bottom L/H corner nearest to you (just visible were you have removed the cd mechanism).
4. I put my fuse holder on the L/H side in the space by the outer cover.

Also as I found, if you have removed the cd tray from its mechanim the open/close gearing mechanism must go back in the same mesh as it came out.

Hope this helps.
thegasman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: PR003 500ma Reply with quote

Wow thanks for the info on this thread, I started this morning by typing the model no and fault into google three hours later its working. Cost was 50p for a fuse from a local tv repair guy, this cd player has been under the bed for 3 years.

Cheers me dears
Lucy Newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Denon UD-M3 CD problem Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same model with the same problem... But I can't weld and have never taken anything apart Sad I live in north London, any chance someone could help me??
biddy67

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another successful repair here. I found a good place to mount the fuse. I had a 1-1/4" fuse holder already, got a 500mA fuse at Radio Shack and mounted it vertically to the back left hand corner near the transformer, where there is a notch in the black plastic part that holds the tray. I drilled a 1/4" diameter hole approximately .9" down from the top in the black plastic on the left side and secured it with a dab of "shoe goo" adhesive (this stuff is great, will glue to plastics) and a cable tie. It will end up being across the fuse, requiring it to be cut to replace the fuse, but that's life. You have to get the height right on the location of the cable tie or it will interfere with the cd tray placement. There are smaller fuse holders available that would fit better, but the 1-1/4" will work. I've tried to attach a photo of what I did.

Anyway, thanks again. Got this unit "broken" for $15 and now works perfect.

[/img]
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biddy67 wrote:
Another successful repair here. I found a good place to mount the fuse. I had a 1-1/4" fuse holder already, got a 500mA fuse at Radio Shack and mounted it vertically to the back left hand corner near the transformer, where there is a notch in the black plastic part that holds the tray. I drilled a 1/4" diameter hole approximately .9" down from the top in the black plastic on the left side and secured it with a dab of "shoe goo" adhesive (this stuff is great, will glue to plastics) and a cable tie. It will end up being across the fuse, requiring it to be cut to replace the fuse, but that's life. You have to get the height right on the location of the cable tie or it will interfere with the cd tray placement. There are smaller fuse holders available that would fit better, but the 1-1/4" will work. I've tried to attach a photo of what I did.

Anyway, thanks again. Got this unit "broken" for $15 and now works perfect.

[/img]
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия