electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
denon udm3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

The info in this thread about the blown PR003 and how to bypass it has saved my UD-M3 from the skip and for that I am very pleased! Very Happy

Longer story is that after neglecting this stereo for several years with it's dodgy volume control I decided to have a go at fixing it. The volume encoder was soon repaired by removing the grease from the internal encoder tracks and an initial test of the unit, inc. the CD, proved all was well. However, the following day it refused to play or eject. That brought me to this thread and I was able to confirm a high impedance across PR003 and a low impedance across PR004. I then soldered a 500mA 20mm fuse across the PR003 pins using insulated wires to position it to the side of the CD mechanism - I reasoned that if it blew straight away then there must be another fault, otherwise it should last for the longer term and making it externally accessible wasn't justified.

Many thanks to all of the previous posts over the last decade and a half!
Mrjazzitup

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue. The PR003 and PR004 components show continuity when using a DMM. They also are reading a small resistance across the leads. CD tray won't open or close. Laser head seems to be trying to find a track to play once hitting eject button once or twice but that's it. Everything else in the unit works just fine. Haven't tested out of a manually inserted CD would play if I hit play.

Any ideas?
ahsdfh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:25 am    Post subject: sdgsdg Reply with quote

So useful thing you have shared guy . Really awesome this stress management . Liked it .뉴토끼
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия