electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
No picture but sound on RCA P46820BL Projection TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cippy44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: No picture but sound on RCA P46820BL Projection TV Reply with quote

For the last couple years about once a year my RCA 46" projection TV loses picture but sound works ok. If I unplug the unit for a few weeks and then plug it back in, it seems to work ok for about a year and then it loses picture again. This third time around it's not coming back. When I turn the unit on it sounds like it's trying to power up but it's not enough to put a picture on screen.

I suspect it was low line voltage that caused this issue but am not sure where to begin looking.

It's a RCA model P46820BL.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Chris
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the tubes lit?
Cippy44

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: No picture but sound on RCA P46820BL Projection TV Reply with quote

Tubes are lit.

I noticed a small burn mark on the main circuit board near a set of 3 jumpers..It looks like jumpers J12121, J12122?, J12123?. I'll take a closer look tonight it was hard to read the numbers.

Thanks.
Cippy44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The burn mark is by JW12127 and JW12128 on the main circuit board.

I also just remembered that the sound doesn't work on my TV. I've been using a surround sound receiver and speakers for so long I forgot that the sound in the TV is not working either.

I just tried powering it up again and still nothing. When I unplug the unit I notice a bright horizontal line across the middle of the set but this only happens when I unplug it.
Cippy44

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some more investigating this am and just noticed there is a low volume hissing sound coming from either the power supply or possibly the high voltage transformer which is right next to the supply on the main circuit board.

So now I'm wondering if the HV transformer should just be replaced?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flybacks/splitters are a common failure in RCA's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия