electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi Woofer amp Crackling and noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigg_T

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Hitachi Woofer amp Crackling and noise Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Hitachi HTS5 10" 150 Watt powered subwoofer. I'm trying to isolate the problem with the amplifier.

When I turn the volume up on the amp (sub out level) it crackles followed buy intermittent blasts of noise and further crackling. When the unit is operating at low volume (sub out) levels it seems to work without problem. As soon as I touch the volume dial either up or down it crackles quite loud.

Turning the crossover frequency works and does not seem to activate the crackling.

I'm wondering is this a capacitor issue or a an internal grounding issue? Not being able to hold up enough charge to output the higher levels?

Or would it be that the sub is blown? I wouldn't think it's the sub because it can produce clean high level output when the sub out level is low but the source material is turned up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия